Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

161 - 163 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #161 (Edited)
Thanks for that john56, just catching up on progress. I have raised the body one inch with packers on the spring. Happy with the spring shackles now and well on with the new ladder bars but having to wait for local welder to finish them. If he cannot do it I will have to have a go myself but would rather be working on my new bike project including a mobile bench to assemble it on.
Finally found a way of adding pictures using my Ipad. Thankyou to all those who posed questions and posted answers on here. I think Brading gets the gold star this time.
This is a picture of part of the new ladder bar in box section. The M10 threaded insert was turned on my lathe to diameters that locate inside the box then its cut down until the larger axis diameter fits inside. Picture shows one before cutting and one is already fitted. Then ready to weld.
The second picture is the rose joint nut embedded into the box waiting to be welded. Will remove the joint before welding. I will make stepped spacers to fit either side of the rose joint and rubber bushes to keep out the dirt and keep the grease in. On reflection I might have used metallastic bushes this end. AV Solutions do a big range.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
The old girl has been under cover for too long with just one short run around the village green when it ran weak on old fuel. I bought a small plastic tank that hangs under the bonnet so I can run the vehicles on fresh fuel when necessary and all main tanks are now drained.
Main focus is currently on trying to finish off the four speed Reliant gearbox conversion in my 1953 Prefect. Its a very original car so being careful to do the job without messing up that originality. The box is done with modified bell housing and clutch lifter arrangement. The back end has a new bearing housing with Reliant front end and Ford back end. I was overhauling the axle anyway so this is out ready to paint. It looks like the engine might have to move forward about half an inch. If/when it gets done I will do a fresh post with details.

161 - 163 of 163 Posts