Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Urethane bushed engine mounts

936 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  digger 
#1 ·
On my build I have mounted my engine using urethane bushes without considering how much vibration it may put through the car.
I was chatting to a friend who had done this once and said it was a bit harsh.
Now would be the time for me to change it rather than later.
I don't mind a bit of vibration, but do not want it unbearable to the point where I won't want to drive it.

Any thoughts?

#5 ·
Replaced both stock engine mounts on my Vette with Urethane mounts as stock ones were always spitting apart. With the manual gearbox it actually improved the gearshifts with the stiffer set up. Solid mounts on a road vehicle needs some thought re. additional stress to chassis and risk of stress cracks.

#10 ·
Blue Gene Pop 1 used urathene engine and trans mounts and despite being a 9 sec race car, it was street legal and covered 1000's of road miles. Transmitted engine vibration was never a problem, which is more than I can say for the transmitted banging and crashing of completely rose jointed suspension and the "comfort" of race seats!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.