Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Would you pay £4 extra per item to have your username (or whatever you want) on it ?

• Yes

Votes: 46 80.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 19.3%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In case there's confusion, This wouldn't mean that you will be forced to have a username (or any name) printed on the top, just that if you did want it then it'd cost an extra £4 :tup:

We're almost ready to open up the order form for the Rods 'n' Sods.

There's just one little question. How much do you want your username on there ?

It will be entirely optional on an individual basis (so don't worry, you're not forced to have them) however to add a username to a top it'll be an extra £4 charged by the printer so an extra £4 on the order. If there's hardly any call for having a username on there then I may be able to try and get them screen printed a bit cheaper.

The choices available will be "Roadrunna" or "Username" but you can pick the colour and font :D

Just getting in there before you gits witty ones do :incheek:

Sadly,

I can't seem to find anywhere to get these done :tdown:

It seems the lettering on the back for the username is too small :tdown:

·
I'm Not Jed Clampett
2,725 Posts
Isn't it going to be a bit like those "I am the Stig" Tee shirts if there are loads of people walking round with "Roadrunna" on their front?

·
Woodchipper Extraordinair
2,305 Posts
£4 extra seems a bit steep to me especially when if your wearing one the hoodies or t-shirts people know your a user of the site and if they want to find out your name then they can just ask? Designs do look ace though Si! :tup:

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
£4 extra seems a bit steep to me
I do agree that it's expensive. Unfortunately this is what they charge for the extra text (presumably setup time etc.) and with the printing requirements needed this is the cheapest i've found the option for.

·
Super Moderator
7,398 Posts
Two questions, £4 per order or shirt? How much are the shirts in the first place? .................... At the Nat's when we had the first shirts printed it was a laugh to have our handles on them, It broke the ice to put a name to a face...................... Dave.

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
do you want roadrunner on lots so as to confuse a certain mr #### as to you real id:incheek: after all he is looking forward to meeting you:lol:

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
seeing other RNS club or forum members at shows wearing the coveted garb gives the oppertunity for your own intro

user name or no user name, I'd wear with or without

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
these things are going to be like a badge of honour,kinda like an Asbo for cool fukers lol,bry

·
Legs and heels subscriber
756 Posts
can we leave it open as an option to the buyer ?

but i guess to have this flexibility the printer will want some form of compensation.

Personally I would be a bit apprehensive taking my T to another screen printer in case they fkd up my cool t shirt:shock:

As said before , if people are spotted wearing one the first question is....

Q. who are you ?
A. whos asking ? (in case the tax man buys a T :incheek:)

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Two questions, £4 per order or shirt? How much are the shirts in the first place?
Yep, it's £4 per username so per shirt. The username is entirely optional so if someone didn't want a name on there then they wouldn't have to pay the extra £4 :tup:

Basically, I could probably get a run of screen printed ones done for a bit less but then the option of a name wouldn't be possible. These are printed direct onto the tops (similar route to the silk screening) which allows the username option to be given. To have the artwork setup costs for both printing and silk screening isn't feasible and the costs would still be higher for the username anyway lol :tdown:

is there a price list for the stuff and colors, sizes and stuff ?
Not as yet, that's the next step. If no-one wanted to pay the extra for the usernames then i'd be looking into different suppliers anyway.

As for the colour, you can have it in any colour you want as long as it's black :D :tup:

can we leave it open as an option to the buyer ?
Yep, entirely :tup: As above, i'm just gauging the interest after being made of the additional price of the name. If no-one wanted it then it'd be worth going down the slightly cheaper option of just screen printing the single design.

Based on the results so far, I think we'll be sticking with this route. The top as standard won't have a name on it but if people do want one on then it'll cost the extra £4.

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
do you want roadrunner on lots so as to confuse a certain mr #### as to you real id:incheek: after all he is looking forward to meeting you:lol:
Nope Steve. My name will be clearly marked and i'll be easily identifiable :D

I'm all excited :D
It's kinda like i'm gonna meet someone almost infamous :scared:

·
stitchmeister
twin turbo LS 59 chevy apache
4,686 Posts
is there not anyone who is on this site that has connections to get a good price ????? if not theres a guy i use for my work wear so i could get some prices for you if you want ?????? i can show them the pics from this post but i might need a jpeg emailed to me first !!!!
as for my user name i would prefer not as i think it would spoil the look !!!!!! and if some one is going to approach you for a chat they will find out who you are anyway :scared:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts