Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I hope someone can help,
I have just imported a 1947 Cadillac that sadly received some nasty damage during shipping, along with going through the nightmare insurance claim I am now totaly confused by my first experience of the V55/5 form.
When talking to the DVLA i am getting conflicting advice on what I need and dont need to complete this application correctly.
Am i right in saying that i do not need a certificate of conformity as the vehicle is a 1947 U.S import and also do not need an IVA as the import is a passenger vehicle over 10 years old. If so do i then leave all questions blank on the V55/5 from question 11 to question 50.
Also being a 1947 vehicle it is MOT exempt and does not need one for the application is this also correct .
Sorry never done one before.Bet it is easy when you know how.
Please help.
Nick .

·
Registered
622 Posts
Have search on this as it's been covered numerous times. Pretty sure it doesn't need an IVA

All you really need on the V55 is,
Name
Address
Make/model
Chassis number
Engine size/number
Colour
Seats
Signature
MOT exemption form
£55
Insurance cover note
Original title

Photocopy the lot and send it all off recorded and signed for.

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,372 Posts
Just fill in the bits you can, usually info you would have found on an old "log book" as stated in the post above. All the other information is related to newer vehicles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You won't get the original title back, so make sure you've got decent images or copies if it, I have asked and they send them back to the US.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts