Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the forms come through yesterday to get the Impala registered and 75% of the required information confuses me....

The forms are biased towards the registration of new or nearly new cars. The accompanying booklet talks about type approval, IVA etc, etc and nowhere are older cars mentioned. There is also a help sheet which guides you on the information to give & where to obtain this information, BUT they all centre around having a type approval/SVA/IVA certificate!

There are various odd-balls, such as emissions, weights, towing limits, engine speed sound etc, etc none of which exist for a 50 year old American car.

Do I just leave these blank? There is a statement in the notes that "incomplete forms will not be processed".

What do I do?

Thanks

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,097 Posts
Leave anything non relevant blank Gary . It's like Tax returns, loads of questions that simply don't apply .

·
draggin bumpers
362 Posts
I had the forms come through yesterday to get the Impala registered and 75% of the required information confuses me....

The forms are biased towards the registration of new or nearly new cars. The accompanying booklet talks about type approval, IVA etc, etc and nowhere are older cars mentioned. There is also a help sheet which guides you on the information to give & where to obtain this information, BUT they all centre around having a type approval/SVA/IVA certificate!

There are various odd-balls, such as emissions, weights, towing limits, engine speed sound etc, etc none of which exist for a 50 year old American car.

Do I just leave these blank? There is a statement in the notes that "incomplete forms will not be processed".

What do I do?

Thanks
Let us know how it goes, I dont have any wisdom to offer but will be going through the same thing shortly, does it mention any info you have to get from customs at all?

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
I've just gone through this again, just fill in the parts that are relevant. The form is confusing but there is a Booklet that I think explains it.

If you're not too sure of things and you've got time take all the paperwork to the office, just off the M1 at Nottingham. I did that the first time that I did it, they were helpful.

One tip, take some good photocopys of the Title for the Cars history, they keep the original.

Rog.

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, given the DVLA's ability to lose anything & everything I've taken two copies of all the paperwork!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts