Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a car approx 4 1/2 weeks ago for spares, and am still waiting for logbook VLC, i have stripped car and it,s now a rolling shell which i want to sell to scrapyard, vehicle dismantler! The car has been off the road since 92-93 before sorn came along, and had the old style logbook which i duly sent off with a letter regarding sorn. Nothing has come, so i have written to dvla complaints. I just want the bl**dy thing out of the way! Is this dvla trying to make a few bob with fines or what? I tried emailing them but thier form won,t work on my phone?

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,645 Posts
Think the dvla must be on a go slow right now as i applied for a v5 for a vehicle that didn't come with one,

Took three weeks for them to contact me for the £25 cheque that i didn't include with the form.

·
Administrator
14,116 Posts
Vehicle registration and tax enquiries

Vehicle Customer Services
DVLA
Swansea

SA99 1AR
Contact form
https://emaildvla.dire...

Telephone:
0300 790 6802

Text phone:
0300 123 1279

Fax:
0300 123 0798

Telephone lines open: Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm
Telephone lines open: Saturday, 8am to 2pm

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
i called twice on friday and both times got a decent reply from them
It depends what you are calling about and which selection you make. can't remember the department we where after a couple of weeks ago, but they only answer calls between 4pm and 8pm!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,124 Posts
Officially you shouldn't contact them until their target of UP TO 6 weeks to supply a V5C has been exceeded.

You can't declare SORN when transferring a vehicle into your name as you are not the keeper on the book. You have to wait until you get the book back.

You won't be able to declare SORN anyway as the vehicle hasn't been on the road since 1998 when SORN came into being.

You CAN take a vehicle to a EOL dismantler WITHOUT V5C and they will still issue a EOL certificate.

·
Grown up? Never!
2,171 Posts
You CAN take a vehicle to a EOL dismantler WITHOUT V5C and they will still issue a EOL certificate.
Just done that with a mondeo, no v5c as in the post, was given an EOL certificate and a week latter got a letter from DVLA saying in was scrapped and no longer in my name.

Chaley

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got end of vehile life certificate last mon, today letter from dvla complaints dept saying they have no record of me sending old logbook in! Phoned dvla complaints dept on a normal number, not the expensive ones! And they said send a letter stating i have end of life cert, which i already did, recorded delivery, last tues! So, make sure when you send them a logbook for whatever reason, SEND IT RECORDED DELIVERY! And keep the reciept! I will send them another letter to dvla complaints stating vehicle has end of life! Oh dear the madness never ends!

·
Premium Member
14,388 Posts
as kev said you can still scrap it without a v5c, you just need proof of id so they can tie the car to you if it turned out to be dodgy. just so they can cover their arses but no problem for you. :tup:

·
Registered
973 Posts
Over the last 10 years or so I've dismantled several Chevettes,Hawk estate and disposed of daughters Corsa.

In each case I've returned the log book to DVLA explaining that these cars have been dismantled for spares,had no problem at all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts