Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
scavengers cc
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At wheelsday i noticed quite a few people puffing on them and a few people i know let me try them, its like a tube with a flavoured liquid that you puff on giving off a vapour when you breath out, ones i tried had blueberry flavour and vanilla flavour and so on.... Now heres the help i need now as i smoke roll ups and smoked since i was about 14yrs old (36yrs smoking) and have ashma i want to get one of these vapour E-ciggie things as everyone i spoke to said it is so easy giving up with these and they feel better, so does anyone on here use one? And can anyone recommend a good one?.... No i don't want one of those cheap ebay jobbies.....thanks in advance guys.... Joe

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
COLD TURKEY,WHAT EVER YOU SUBSTITUTE A HABIT YOU HAVE TO GIVE THAT UP.:tup:YOU DOH NEED THEM SAFT THINGS

·
Deviant
3,518 Posts
:yeahthat:

They stop you smoking painlessly id say its better than a *** as it tastes nice

Hardest thing is the fist day or 2 you wake up and you are half asleep insead of reaching for a *** you reach for the e cig not hard just hard as in old habits die hard

·
Registered
61 Posts
Good luck with kickin the old habit. Took me loads of attempts but finally made it,I totally became a nicorette addict and struggled to quit that as well. Ha

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've smoked roll ups for over 30 years. 2 weeks ago decided to try an e cigarette. Got the menthol one. Haven't had a *** since, no longer coughing in the mornings, so will carry on. I'm now using e lites, they have nicotine in them. Went for the menthol ones on purpose so i'm not expecting it to taste the same as a roll up.
Give it a go, its a win win, like smoking but a bit cheaper and the mrs doesn't moan about the smell of them and its healthier.

·
Woodchipper Extraordinair
2,305 Posts
The jury is still out for me on e cigarettes, how does anybody know exactley what's in them? As far as I know there has not been enough research in to them to know what the long term effects of them are, so how can they be healthier?

·
Who promised you tomorrow
2,579 Posts
Patches or these things, either way your still getting nicotine into your system. If it helps some fair enough but they seem somewhat yet another trendy thing to be doing.

Unlike some seriously addicted to booze, going cold turkey on **** isn't going to kill you.

Good luck mate:tup:

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
The general consensus is that E-cigs are better than smoking tobacco but be aware that there have not been any studies done into the long term affects they might have on your health, a lot of things that were considered safe can actually turn out to be quite bad for you ie asbestos.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I tried them but they were not strong enough, I smoked Swisher Sweet cigars. I tried doing e-cigs but still smoked several cigars a day. I decided to quit cold turkey after tapering off, I have not smoked since the first of February and have just dealt with the temptation by remembering it will not help anything to start again. It took me many failed attempts and it is still one day at a time but I don't want to start again, I feel better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts