Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am reluctantly trying to thin out my car collection as I don’t have the time, or space to keep them all any more. Before going down the ebay route again, and dealing with time wasters who win the item then are unable to be contacted again I thought that I would offer them here first.

First up is my gorgeous 1978 Pontiac Firebird Formula. This car was a one owner from new car when I bought it in the States. I have paid all the Import duties and taxes and I have the documentation, I also have the old US Title. My Firebird is un-messed with and rust free and it drives absolutely superbly It has the 6.6 litre V8 Engine, and runs, drives, and starts with ease, stops with good brakes, and good tyres. The engine is very strong and has no oil or water leaks, no rust and runs beautifully just as it should do. The automatic transmission is the same, it doesn’t leak, it runs strong and shifts through the gears effortlessly and smoothly. Everything works excellently on this car. It is structurally very sound, and underneath shows no sign of corrosion and looks to be good and solid. The bodywork is also in good shape, actually, I think the bodywork is in great shape and is a great example of a second generation F-body Firebird. The interior is white, and judging by the spotless headliner I would say it has never been smoked in! The seats etc are in fairly good shape with the exception of the drivers seat that does have a split in it, and also a hole unfortunately, however that is to be expected with a car of this age. The dashboard is black, and also has a small crack in it! I would like about £5,000 for it. But please feel free to come and have a look, or make offers!

Next up is my 2000 Dodge Dakota SLT. I bought this into the country for one reason, and that was to use as a container to ship a load of parts for my Wifes and my Mustang projects! So now it is here, it’s time to sell it. Having said that it’s not a bad little truck at all. It has a 3.0 litre V6 engine which runs beautifully, and again drives superbly! The truck has an automatic transmission, and shifts through the gears superbly as it should. It’s not four wheel drive so you even get good MPG!! It is a two door crew cab type body and seats six adults in relative comfort. It also has a full length bed, with a bed liner, truckman type top, and removable roof racks. The bodywork its self is not perfect, it has a few minor knocks, and scrapes and even the odd small rust blister, but it’s nothing but cosmetic. Underneath the chassis is solid and strong. This is a great little parts chaser, or would probably suit a surfer as the backs big enough to sleep in!! The interior is grey velour and is in average condition as obviously this has been used for work etc. Having said that it is quite presentable, although it might benefit from a bit of a clean, and the drivers seat does have a couple of small holes in it, but nothing too major to worry about! Even as I write this I am wondering why I am selling it as it would be a very handy truck to keep, even the wife has just asked me why I want to sell it. But as I said, I just need the room, and I’ve not got enough time on my hands at the moment! Anyway, I would like around £4,000 for this, but again, please feel free to some and have a look, and make offers etc.

Lastly, my 1979 Mitsubishi Celeste. This is a project. I have owned this car for a good long time and it’s been one of those cars that I was always going to get around to doing, but I never seem to get the time anymore! Basically I think it’s sound, underneath, but it does need some restoration to the bodywork. It has a 1.6 litre engine and manual transmission, and when I last drove it, which was about five years ago it drove fine, I think it’s only got about 40,000 miles on it! It had been stored inside up until early this year when I lost my garage and it got moved outside and put under a heavy duty car cover. Anyhoo, I have no idea of the value of this little car, so if I’m way off the mark with my price please feel free to make offers. I would like maybe £750(ish) But as I’ve said, I’m open to offers! This would be a cool little car once restored!

Although I am trying to thin out my car collection I am not going to rule out px, swaps, or offers as being something of an autoholic I am always on the lookout for something new (to me!) The cars I would be interested in are as follows, although after the Mini the rest are in no order of preference!

A Mini pick up, I know that’s a bit of a deviation from the type of cars I’m trying to sell, but I promised my daughter that if we sold the Firebird, we would have a Mini pick up next.

Ford Mustang… Any year or model. Although I do have a particular hankering for a ’79 Pace Car! Ford Thunderbird, again practically any model! Pontiac Firebird, or Trans Am, bull nose, Knight rider shape, or later. C3 Corvette. Chevy Blazer. Jeep Wagoneer. Ford Bronco. International Scout. Buick Riviera. Talbot Tagora. Matra Rancho. Mitsubishi Sapporo. Toyota Celica Liftback. Hyundai Pony Pick up. Austin Marina Pick Up. Ford (Cortina shape) P100 Pick Up. Dodge Ram Pick Up. Old Toyota HiLux Pick Up. Tata Loadbeta Crewcab Pick Up. Marina Coupe. Porsche 914, 916. Consul Classic. Hillman Imp. Singer Chamois. Singer Gazelle. Humber Super Snipe. Sunbeam Rapier fastback. Rover Sterling coupe. Jensen Interceptor. Citroen DS. Renault Feugo. Peugeot 504 Pick Up. Subaru Brat Pick Up. Chevy El Camino. VW Beetle. Karmann Ghia. Beach Buggy. Commer Van. Moskvich Aleko Pick Up. Opel Manta. Vauxhall Firenza. Opel Monza. Ford Taunus coupe. Jowett Javelin. Datsun 260Z. Mazda 626 coupe. Mercedes 500SEC. Jaguar XJS. Jaguar XK8. Porsche 924 or 944. Early two door Range Rover. Land Rover. So on and so fourth, I’m sure you get the idea, as long as it’s interesting, I’ll probably be interested, let me know what you’ve got!

If you have any questions, or want to come and have a look please let me know.

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Tidy Formula 400 mate, good luck with the sale :tup:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just thought that i'd let everyone know that the Dakota is now sold, many thanks for your interest, but the first guy who came to look at it, took it away with him!

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

I just thought that i'd let everyone know that the Firebird has also now been sold, once again, the first fella who came to look at it has bought it. Many thanks for your interest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts