Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Vauxhall victor fb wagon (JMH818B)- History

Just wondered who built this victor estate, i know it now looks very different and was made that way by a guy named colin wood of cw motors in manchester, but i remember this being featured in readers cars in street machine back in june 1995 and then it later turned up for sale in the magazines, (seemed to be for sale for years as i recall).
According to the magazine feature it was built by someone named rob?, he sold it after a year for a vauxhall cresta, a year after that it came up for sale again in oxford and was bought by the then owner, Adam stockwell, who was at the time 19.
Not taking anything away from colins work in any way but, I always liked the look of this as it is here, to me, a perfect 1st time custom, which is what i was after back in 1995.
Just wondered if rob, the builder, adam stockwell or any of its other previous owners are on this site, and if so, are there any pictures of it?
cheers paul

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Looking at the old for sale advert on this site back in 2009/2910 by little woody, there are a few previous owners on this site,

Great68 (who apparently had it written off by a hit n run driver)
kustomtony
koppakruiser
mr hotrodder (who bought it from woody sr)

It'd be good to see any pics of the car when any of you owned it, and to hear any stories about it, it looked great sitting that low but, the reallity of it must have been a very hard bumpy ride, i remember reading the feature in street machine when it was orange and colin owned it, he said that he actually raised the suspension as it was too low.
cheers paul

·
MarkT
1,117 Posts
Im sure that pic was taken in Oxford when John (KoppaKruiser) had it , i used to drive it about then on occasions , Im sure the lad John had it from and originally responsible for slamming it was known as Smurfski ?? , well thats what we called him :D , they were the days :tup:

·
Registered
632 Posts
The FB was originally built by Rob Burton from Bedford, and was originally done in peppermint green, later done in 2 tone grey,I had Rob add the scallops before I had it off him. Was lowered 4" on new springs and 3" blocks at the back. I swapped it with Rob for a PA Cresta in the early nineties. The front springs were way too hard but otherwise once I'd made a new exhaust it drove ok ish. I didn't do much to it, few mechanical jobs, stuck some wider PA wheels on the back and added Moon Discs. I sold it to Kustomtony after about 6 months. Rob was indeed known as Smurfski, named by Mark if I remember rightly.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I had a stock as a rock one of them in '93... two tone green (light and very light) it was...

·
Fruit & Nut Case
2,100 Posts
I took that 1st pic round the back of my house in Enfield, about 94. I bought it from a young guy in Hertford and thats how i got it.
It was parked outside my house one evening, near a corner when i heard a car racing up the road and a screech followed by an impact. I went out to see the front nearside corner badly flattened. The other driver turned his lights off and drove away. From the water & oil on the ground he must have damaged his vehicle badly so i jumped in my van to go looking for him, but no luckAnyhow the car was really rotting badly & i discovered the chassis had expanding foam and filler in it.
I sold the car on to Mark Dechuna who owned The Fly J4 van at the time. He did a few repairs and sold it on.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
This is from june 1995 issue of street machine.

Does anyone have any build pics of this when it was built into the orange version, i think colin woods sons on here, can you help by posting them up if you have any, or if you want to of corse.
cheers paul

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi all info i can find is here hope this helps.
Registration number: JMH 818B
✗ Untaxed
Tax due: 01 December 2012
✗ No MOT
Expired: 04 February 2012
New keepers must get tax before using the vehicle. Please be aware that if you have taxed, made a SORN or had an MOT in the last 5 days these details may not have updated.
Vehicle details
• Vehicle make VAUXHALL
• Date of first registration 01 August 1964
• Year of manufacture 1964
• Cylinder capacity (cc) 1594cc
• CO₂Emissions Not available
• Fuel type PETROL
• Vehicle status Not taxed
• Vehicle colour ORANGE
• Vehicle type approval Not available
• Wheelplan 2 AXLE RIGID BODY

·
cw motors paint and body
311 Posts
It was for sale on eBay a good six months a go ,with a turbo conversion fitted and the suspension raised up to take some big daft wheels !!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
It was for sale on eBay a good six months a go ,with a turbo conversion fitted and the suspension raised up to take some big daft wheels !!
Here are the pics...........

So, almost 3 years of not being on the road, wonder what it looks like now????????????

·
Registered
35 Posts
I owned it sometime in the 90s for a short while, I bought it with a dented wing then sorted that out and sold it on to the guy who totally changed it. I can't remember who I got it off though, it was someone in Watford Rods, maybe Mark

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looking at the old for sale advert on this site back in 2009/2910 by little woody, there are a few previous owners on this site,

Great68 (who apparently had it written off by a hit n run driver)
kustomtony
koppakruiser
mr hotrodder (who bought it from woody sr)

ul
I'm trying to find out a bit more of the history of this from early 90s as it seems, every man and his dog has owned it, it seemed to be for sale in custom car for ever too in the late 90s before Colin wood built the orange version in 2000.
So, does anyone have info/pics/dates on previous owners please, I know it was built by rob Burton, owned by john Phillips (koppak) at some point, but i just want to compile it for my 'kool fb's' records, any help would be great fully received. Cheers Paul :)

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Heres the history that i know of to date, i bet this is somewhere in a garage gathering dust, does anyone have info or pics please?

This was originally built as mild custom by a guy named Rob burton from Bedford,
Rob built the green version of the car around 1993ish and grey version a couple of years later minus the scallops.
It then moved on to a guy named john phillips, after john had asked rob to spray the scallops on, john fitted some wider cresta wheels to the rear with 195 tyres and a set moondiscs then sold it to a guy named tony bowers, who then passed it onto adam stockwell, who had it featured in june 1995 issue of street machine in the readers rides section now minus its moondiscs.
After that, it moved to a guy named richard sparkey, who owned it when it got hit by a car outside his house.
Richard sold it to mark decuna (not sure if thats spelt right), who repaired it then sold it on to someone else.
Whoever that was (known as rebelrouser 63 on rods n sods ), then sold it to colin woods in 2000.
Colin woods bought it and built the orange version, fitted with 2.0 litre pinto.
I'm pretty sure colin sold it in february 2010,
Im still trying to trace who owns it now, colins son says it went down south and was fitted with the big wheels and s turbo.
It came up on ebay in sollihull west mids in september 2011.

The dvla site says the mot ran out February 2012, wonder where it is now

1 - 20 of 21 Posts