Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1965 Ruddspeed estate, looks cool as you like and great fun to drive. Need to sell as i have too many cars, no money and no space!

Recent MOT, tax exempt and ratty, in dark blue with a noisy side exit exhaust and it never fails to turn heads.
Needs some tlc as the doors don't lock, bodywork needs a fair bit of tidying and and a good coat of paint but as it is it always put a smile on my face whenever i use it, which i do fairly regularly as its actually surprisingly cheap to run! 30mpg is easy whether it be around town or on the bypass. Goes really well for an 1800 with the twin SU carbs on the Ruddspeed conversion, which is seriously rare for an estate car.

Also, i have a large file of paperwork history to go with it dating back to 1970, including details of the ruddspeed conversion and some of the ownership details, of which I'm only the 3rd owner.

New front brake pads and fitting kit, new rear shoes and cylinders, and new clutch slave and master cylinders. Good tyres on Thunderbird steel wheels with trim rings, 2006 ford ranger front bumper and even a nice transferable number plate.

Looking for offers around the £3,250 mark but unfortunately i can't afford to do any swaps or part ex as this is why i am selling!
Call me on 07884166686 if you have any questions or feel free to pm me on here
Cheers

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

bumpety boo

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bttt

open to offers

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd offer around £1200 based on the obvious issues with the car. Obviously no where near what you're asking but there's a lot of money needed to be spent on this to bring it up to a reasonable standard.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Apart from needing some air filters n a rocker gasket it looks fine to me.........could even be considered finished,great parts hauler too.

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd offer around £1200 based on the obvious issues with the car. Obviously no where near what you're asking but there's a lot of money needed to be spent on this to bring it up to a reasonable standard.
No ta mate. Still open to sensible offers

·
Registered
977 Posts
I was thinking that too.........somewhere else on here someone is asking advice for a friend on 4x4 chassis/body swops,it would appear that the friend is already skilled in the art of "messin' with motors" so why doesn't the friend ask all the questions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm always on the look out for another Amazon Estate. I have one that cost me about the same money that this guy is asking and was is in considerably better condition and I spent thousands getting it back to A1 condition. I know of another estate that is in considerably better condition for £3k: 1967 Amazon Estate for sale - Volvo Owners Club Forum . The one advertised here needs bodywork done, what looks like a bad repair on rear part of roof, missing exterior trim, new bumpers, engine compartment has been sprayed over for some reason including hoses, interior is tatty etc etc. The guy has no interested replies on here due to it being overpriced in my opinion and what I offered is actually what I think it's worth from looking at the pics. Depending on how bad the rust is then could be worth less. There aren't a lot of nice estates left to be honest as they've normally had a harder life than the sedans and a good estate is worth more than a good sedan, but just because it's an estate you need to be realistic.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
I'm always on the look out for another Amazon Estate. I have one that cost me about the same money that this guy is asking and was is in considerably better condition and I spent thousands getting it back to A1 condition. I know of another estate that is in considerably better condition for £3k: 1967 Amazon Estate for sale - Volvo Owners Club Forum . The one advertised here needs bodywork done, what looks like a bad repair on rear part of roof, missing exterior trim, new bumpers, engine compartment has been sprayed over for some reason including hoses, interior is tatty etc etc. The guy has no interested replies on here due to it being overpriced in my opinion and what I offered is actually what I think it's worth from looking at the pics. Depending on how bad the rust is then could be worth less. There aren't a lot of nice estates left to be honest as they've normally had a harder life than the sedans and a good estate is worth more than a good sedan, but just because it's an estate you need to be realistic.
Oh get real. Go and find a genuine Ruddspeed for sale. I dare you, I double dare you. I am fairly sure the rules of classified ads state no dissing a mans wheels so get banned for Gods sake!

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Couldn't agree more CT, Ruddspeed estates are a lot rarer than standard estates so i really don't think its overpriced with that in mind. As previously stated, please don't come on here and make insulting offers then try and justify your comments. No offence intended here, just pretty sure Si and the other mods on here would prefer this to be a for sale section and not chat.
Cheers

·
Registered
680 Posts
bloody restorers trying to ruin our rods and kustoms ,,respray and bodywork what the fuck is he on,,,,adrian you have loads of room just stack em,,,:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts