Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks
Anyone know what time the Vulcan is landing back at Finningley / Robin hood this Thursday afternoon? I can't find the landing flight time anywhere. I'm watching it take off in the morning at Waddington with the Lancs and then on to Doncaster in the afternoon
Cheers
Al

·
Registered
628 Posts
The lanca were supposed to fly to Sywell on Sunday but ended up beig grounded due to strog winds at raf connisbury

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I can confirm the strong winds in that area, we lost 2 apple trees and a greenhouse!! Was hoping to see 2 lancs in the sky but all I saw was debris. Don't blame em for staying grounded.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Wow, they just flew right over my house - what an incredible sight and sound. 2 lancs, 1 vulcan and either a spit or hurricane. Ran to get my camera, ran back out again only to discover the memory card was not in it:tdown: Bollocks. By the time I got back out again it was just 4 dots in the sky and a trail of smoke from the Vulcan.
Sorry Guys.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dawlish in Devon Saturday 23rd 12 noon till 5pm and free £5 to park all monies going to the RAF benevolent fund

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I was driving past Marham yesterday exactly at the same time as one of the Lancasters was taking off, it then banked left low over the road right in front of me, what a fantastic sight.

·
formerly litig8r
720 Posts
Saw them take off from Waddington yesterday. Took 2 pictures only because I wanted to actually watch with my eyes rather than see it all on viewfinder. It was all over in a few minutes but I am very glad I was there to see it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts