Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cobra seats with harnesses. PROVISIONALLY SOLD.

1969 baja bug shell and pan. Solid doors, beam supports welded in, 2mm plate bulkhead, long shock mounts in the rear, needs repair to driver side heater channel and floorpan. Lots of bracing between channels and center tunnel. £200

8" widened beam, gussetted, braced and seam welded complete with steering box, damper and bespoke long track rods with sprung steel cores. £100

Turn key W code 1700 type 4 motor on twin 40 IDF carbs. High compression, domed piston finned cylinder head version. Complete with twin cannon exhaust, linkage, missing one air filter. Comes with spare flywheel. £700

Torsion bars from a 1200 Beetle, stiffer than 1300 and larger Bug bars. £40

Swing axle springplates. £25

Long shocks, good for tall ball joint shock towers or rear shocks if using higher shock mounts. £25

SCAT dragfast shifter. Unused, as new. £50

Rear lights with lenses. £20

Smoked rear lenses £10

Steering box £25

Chrome sidebars £40

MK2 Golf rear lights. Complete, good condition with bulbs. £25

More parts to follow as I find them. Pics to follow when I get to a PC. Delivery available on all parts.

·
Global Warmer
1,200 Posts
Dave,

Is the engine a bolt in and fire up or does it need a quick going over?

P.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You will need to set the carbs up and balance them as they will be removed along with manifolds for transit (needs to be done to refit tinware anyway), set timing and make sure the tappets are gapped properly, all the usual stuff you would do, but for all intents and purposes it is bolt up and go. Has had new points, dizzy cap and rotor arm and new oil filter. Will need a good run as it's not been fired up regularly in about a year.

Hope that helps dude. :)

·
Global Warmer
1,200 Posts
Dave,

Can you Pm your telephone number please re the engine.

Ta,

P.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quit the bumping please. Especially not at 2 hour intervals.
No need to reply which would bump it again thanks.
I'm not replying to bump the thread, I'm updating as I go and as things happen (for example as soon as I got the shout for going offshore again I updated this thread along witht the three identical threads on other forums) using my phone to access the internet and the edit function does not work on my phone's browser. Apologies if I have caused an issue or a problem to other users. I'll wait until the thread drops off in future before updating it.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
right it's been a while, it's dropped well away from the front pages.

All I have left are:

Bug rear lights complete

Type 4 Porsche 914 motor

baja chassis with all the heavy bracing, beam supports, chopped Baja kit etc with tax exempt V5

MK2 Golf rear lights good condition

Bug steering box

It needs shifting, I need the space, so will take sensible offers. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts