Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 ford Tudor slantback
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An awesome car n I believe VW lose 5 million on each car..............BUT...............why lose a marketing coup n resurrect an old icon brand that has nothing to do with that German car firm?

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I find it hard to believe they lose anything like that on each car, what is the figure based on?

·
Registered
35 ford Tudor slantback
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I watched a documentary on it on sky a few months ago..............60 VW workers are involved with each car n I THINK? they said they lose 5 mill. on each.............but am open to offers?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Reminds of the story about Aston Martin from way back... some famous dude said they would buy an Aston but only if they could have it for what cost to build, as it would be great publicity for the firm. When they took delivery they were presented with an invoice for twice the retail price...

·
Registered
35 ford Tudor slantback
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Love it..............I hope the cheeky funker had enough class to pay that bill

·
Registered
1952 Chevrolet 3100
386 Posts
they possibly do lose that much on each car at first. maybe not now that the brand has established itself. plus all the research and develpment that went in to the original car, will now make its way throughout the VW group and keep them as market leaders.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I still think that it is a slap in the face for every kid that buys a Polo or Up that they are subsidising some premier league football players flash car......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts