Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

waddyaknow...it's my old Moggy Pick-up !

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Rich G 
#1 ·
Browsing through the tinternet yesterday, I came across pics of my old Morris Minor pick-up,
looking much the same as it was 14 years ago when I sold it.

Headlamp eyebrows, truck mirrors - not my idea, but the Traveller rear bumper looks good.
However.....why did the new owner fit a towel rail to the load cover,
...or the wooden construction to the cab roof - after I spent ages smoothing out the original weld
for the clean look ?

..and here it is over 14 years ago....

The engine, before and after fitting a 1300 Marina...

..and work in progress...

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
...thanks for the comments lads - to be honest my first reaction was jealousy, and I wished I hadn't sold it,
but it's nice to know it's still out there. :D

In the 3 years I had it, I found it had been rebuilt for the TV series 'Shine on Harvey Moon' in the 1980's.
... also the registration dated the car as 1959 (first registered on my birthday) but with a re-registration applied to it.
Further investigation showed it had originally been a Post Office Van - and YAS 927, was the original number.
..So Mr.Uber-Cool, you were right. :tup:

It had an original pick-up tailgate - which was rotten, so I had a flush one made to fit.

....but nice to see it again, even with it's new 'oddities'. :D

....and can you believe ...THE PAINTWORK IS BRUSH PAINTED !!!!
in Volvo Pale Yellow. - well I am a signwriter, and coachpainting is part of my trade.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.