Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
seasoned knuckle buster
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heya gang,
wasnt quite sure where to stick this so if it requires moving,please do..

Recently received this email, from a film co. looking for heavily modded Rods for the next AUDI advertising campaign in the UK..

Thought it might be a cool opportunity for some of you guys to get your rods on tv,for posterity and to earn a lil extra £££ for it...
Theyre prepared to pay £1500 per car for the shoot..
if you are interested, the contact details are in the following email....

ALSO- they are really interested in using the blown 32 truck that Chopper Hobbs built for stu smith(riverside)...if anyone knows its whereabouts i'm sure theyd be eager to hear..

anyhoo, enough of my waffle, i better get back to the housework before the wife beats my ass.

Hi,
I have just had a look at your blog and am now contacting you as I'm looking for vintage hardtop stock cars / rat rod type cars to use in an upcoming Audi commercial that we are filming in March and I'm hoping you may have cars that might suit or be able to point me in the right direction.
We have sourced 6 x US Vintage hardtops that we are importing from the States and I am now sourcing a further 14-16 vehicles from the UK, but ideally looking for more cars that are American so that they are less recognisable to a UK audience. I'm also looking for cars that have been so modified / hot rodded that they are almost beyond recognition - gassers, gratings, huge wheels, bumpers, raised suspension, exposed chassis & engines, etc. is all great.
I was also particularly interested in the 32 truck that I believe you worked on:

The filming is taking place between the 17th & 20th March at the Excel Centre and we have a budget of £1,500 per car to give to the owners for the hire of their vehicles from the 10th - 23rd March and will be able to pay any transport costs on top of this.
If you feel that you could help with this, that would be fantastic.
Please give me a call or email me if you have any questions. I can be contacted at Rogue Films on 020 7907 1000 or on my mobile - 07921 123100.
All the best,
Lucy J

Lucy Johnston
Rogue Films
http://roguefilms.com/

Tel: 020 7907 1000
Mob: 07921 123100

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,677 Posts
The request for cars wanted that was put on the NSRA forum stated that they would be using THEIR drivers to drive YOUR car,
they seem to have removed this part from this request, hmmm.

·
Old enough to know better
3,479 Posts
We did an ad for a drug company a few years back, they were long days, mostly doing nothing, but being paid for sitting around made a nice change...
And I did get to drive on the MIRA test track:D

·
drag race addict
1,392 Posts
But Andy, would you let one of their professional precision drivers loose on your car for the Audi ad?:D
For the right amount of money yes...particularly as it's easy to knock off all the power :tup:
I'd also get them to sign a piece of paper to say if it's damaged they pay..

·
Premium Member
5,829 Posts
For the right amount of money yes...particularly as it's easy to knock off all the power :tup:
I'd also get them to sign a piece of paper to say if it's damaged they pay..
Know what you mean.

'Caveat emptor'. I remember reading a copy of Hot Rod in the 70's where they used a rodded, though stock looking 30's Chrysler four door sedan for the 'Untouchables' film and in one filming session the 'professional' stunt driver rolled the car.:shocked::shocked:
It was rebuilt at the studios expense but everything needs to be double checked, especially the small print.

·
Global Warmer
1,201 Posts
Read the NSRA thread, there are a few people that have been down this particular path in the past and are passing their comment.

Agree with Andy, the rate is way off. Might not expect £500 per day (would be nice) but they should be offering at least £200.

Sounds a little like they are doing it on the cheap, surely they would contact one of the agencies to provide the cars......

Make your own mind up.

P.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
i wonder if people will rush out and buy a hotrod/american car or an audi after the add airs,might show us in a bad light(i expect)still £1500 would pay for a nice trip to the states,wish i had something to lend em

·
drag race addict
1,392 Posts
Read the NSRA thread, there are a few people that have been down this particular path in the past and are passing their comment.

Agree with Andy, the rate is way off. Might not expect £500 per day (would be nice) but they should be offering at least £200.

Sounds a little like they are doing it on the cheap, surely they would contact one of the agencies to provide the cars......

Make your own mind up.

P.
Every time i've been on TV it's been £500 a day Paul. The agency that got in touch with me for the 118 ad said that that was the going rate.That was 2005 ish..
Getting on TV is an opportunity for anyone who does it. The way it works is someone sees something,who tells someone,who tells etc..
Take opportunities when they come.:tup:

·
Registered
778 Posts
I think you'll find that most of the cars are already booked for this ad one of which is rather famous in certain circles , but I'm sworn to secrecy I'm afraid :umpf:

·
Old enough to know better
3,479 Posts
By pure coincidence, our current clients are film production accountants..
I asked them today what the going rate fro something like this was, and after about an hour of trying to explain waht a streetrod was :shake: ,they said that 500 a day would be an absolute minimum for a car that was just going to be parked in a scene, and that 1500 (!!) would be more likely if it was to be driven.
Plus 'per diems' (paid in cash) if you were 'looking after' the car.
They also said that if you were to do it, to take 'before' pictures from every possible angle in case of any damage to your pride and joy.
Hope this is some help.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.