Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, When i got my F100 Truck i was told it was a 68 Z28 327ci engine fitted with front clip!! Well i looked at late 60's camaros at weekend and stuck my head underneath and it ain't the same as. Mine has got only 1 big chunky cross member under engine where those had a smaller one and another one a bit further forward???
Just wanna know if mine is 1st gen, 2nd gen or what so i can get bits for it!!!

Cheers Rich

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Rich,you need to get some pics,up really,the Z28 and 327 dont equate Z28 were 302 and if you had one -youd know !! it would rev like a mad fuker and scare the crap outa you in a truck frame,put some pics up,find some numbers to check out what you have,for the most part your gona have fun !!,Bry

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah ok will sort some pics of clip and discs and calipers!
I was told the engine was from a Z28 and was a 327ci i got engine number 3914678 and 18J1209103V0216HC and it comes up as a 327 built in 68 when i look on net! But the clip is not the same as a 68 camaro! Just be handy to know!!!
I'm hoping it will be fun once i finish it off:mad:!!

Cheers Rich

·
Global Warmer
1,200 Posts
Rich,

Easiest way to tell if it is a gen 1 or 2 clip is the position of the steering.

If it is a rear steer it is a gen 1, front steer gen 2. Or, in other words if the steering linkage etc is behind the wheels it is a Gen1 in front it is a Gen2.

Gen2 are nearly all the same, think there is a difference on those before 74 and after but this is more to do with the top control arm bushes.

Cant help on the engine but hope you get it sorted.

P.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts