Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
Could anyone help, my car has a reg number id like to keep , however it states on the log book number not transferable.
I wonderd if there was any way i could keep the number ? I dont mind buying the no from the dvla or destroying the vehicle,
Im thinking of changing my car and would hate to sell the car and loose the number just to find out down the road there was a way i could have kept it
The car was also previously recorded damaged , dont know if that has any thing to do with it but its never been on any outher log books of damaged cars ive had in the past
Cheers

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,349 Posts
There can be various reasons for being non transferable dependent on age and history. Numbers issued by dvla as age appropriate SHOULD be non transferrable as a barn find numbers which have required extensive research to retain as part of the cars identity.

If you have a modified car with a plate valued even at thousands stay the hell away from DVLA !!

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,349 Posts
It may be to do with the damage, I'll explain more in a minute. However just checked the books on our dailies and whilst our 90 doesn't have it on our 52 plate does. That has been subject to a number plate transfer on and then off again ) in the past . Now, at one stage if you put a private plate on a car when you transferred it off it would be issued with a new age appropriate plate. Motor trade used to do this to lose the history of a heavily damaged car as it wouldn't revert to it's old number and have a 'clean' new logbook.

So possibly made non transferable when listed as accident damaged or maybe a previous private plate on and off AFTER they changedthe rules to ensure the reg always stayed with the vehicle ?

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

Forgot to say ,bear in mind that you can't put the number on an OLDER car only newer.

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

Post merged 5 day rule ????????

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive had dealings with transfering numbers in the past, never come up with this though
Guess if ive got to loose the number when i part with the vehicle so be it , but it would be a real shitter to find out later there was a way of keeping it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts