Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi guys ive just got my 54 f100 over here from mississipi it's a typical unrestored wreck lol, i have'nt been over it fully yet but the obvious thing is i need a front windscreen mine is cracked also i have the quater light glass but not the actual door glass that goes up and down i guess i can have these cut locally, i also have no spare wheel, oh and a fuel tank, im new to the f100 world is there a good place to get parts from in the uk or is it the states, thank you in advance.

to be honest im interested in any parts please let me know what you have, thanks.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I got all my parts from mid fifty and some from Denis carpenter in the states,Arnold's automotive over her have some bits and miles at jack hammer

·
Registered
622 Posts
You may be lucky and find some bits over here but mainly you'll have to get them from the states.
F100 Central
Midfifty
Vintagefordparts
Dennis carpenter
If it's a big order you can get a discount if you ring them, as they're good on first time order discounts.i used F100 Central and spoke to a guy called Larry Carpentier.top bloke and helped me out no end.i spent about $2500 with them and had it shipped to Florida,where it went in a container.
There is a guy on here 'Russell' RnRimports that will do a similar service. You buy the parts and get it shipped to his agents and then just wait for it to get here. Pay him his fee and your import duties and your sorted.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you very much guys very much appreciated, i know ill need a fair bit of help and advice, im no stranger to rebuilding wrecks but i am a stranger to yank pick ups cheers spencer

·
Registered
622 Posts
There's nothing more simple to work on as they just bolt together. I've completely modified and rebuilt mine(garage section). Jag front clip,4 bar rear, uprated chassis, narrowed axle, re-wire, ford big block,pretty much everything replaced and new.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow very interesting stuff, im not much in to modifiying and hot rods i've been restoring british classics for 20+ years mostly to original spec, i take my hat of to guys like yourself and the work and effort is superb i must say i would like to lightly improve my truck if the y block runs well and the running gear is good im going to rewire it as 12 volt alternator etc, maybe not everybod'ys taste but i like the wheels that are fitted at mo, i have bought a pair of chrome smoothies so now need another pair, i would like to change the bench seat any ideas please, thank you

·
Registered
622 Posts
Could I have first dibs on your bench seat please.
A popular seat upgrade is by using the front leather seats from an XJ6.
I only ended up doing so much to mine,as the more I got into it the more it needed. My original plan was to overhaul the basics, change engine and box and lower it on some nice white walls. Would have been easier on cheaper.
I've always liked the pro street look and when I found these wheels at Newark Autojumble,it pretty much made my mind up then. My wallet hasn't looked back since.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I put the rear seats from a saab in mine when I had it - just built up a box section frame to bolt it onto and hey presto I had some very comfortable soft leather seats!

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

I think I still have a brand new rear brake cylinder somewhere and the vent window rivet installation tool if anybody is interested

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
very nice them seats, i was thinking maybe a jag xj300 rear?? sorry rp460 my bench seat isnt standard its out a later truck but i think about 6 inches short each end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts