Registered
100 Posts
Hi guys I'm looking for a Chevy Pickup
Either '55 to '59 or '64 to '66
Prefer an auto

Must be running and driving - Don't want a big project
Budget up to £20K

Ta Mickey :oops:
Good morning , I do have a 59 Appache that was my work truck in South Africa many moons ago 94/96.
It has been rebuilt from the chassis up over the past 25 years .
not driven more than 300 miles since rebuilding .
engine and gearbox taken apart and many new bits added in rebuild .
no rot in it anywhere in the cab , the rest is plastic from moulds i made myself .
brakes dual circuit .
Olympic Blue in colour .
new Centreline rims . 12x15 and 8.5 x15 and tyres
reverse vaga steering box .
May consider selling if your interested . ???
Thank you for reading through anyhow .
Cheers
Charles E Street .

·
I'm a big boy now !
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good morning , I do have a 59 Appache that was my work truck in South Africa many moons ago 94/96.
It has been rebuilt from the chassis up over the past 25 years .
Cheers
Charles E Street .
Hi
May I ask for some further information?
What engine and gearbox does it have?
Is the suspension and steering original or has it been modified?
Which parts are "plastic"?
Can you send some photos please?
Price?

Thanks
Mickey

·
Vendor
3,486 Posts
hi mickey , my mate has a 57 V8 small window truck its on the button he's in Devon , there is also another 57 sitting here for him leaving probably right after Christmas , he's a good man with old school values send me a pm and I,ll give you his number . hope you've been keeping well
cheers. RAY

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi
May I ask for some further information?
What engine and gearbox does it have?
Is the suspension and steering original or has it been modified?
Which parts are "plastic"?
Can you send some photos please?
Price?

Thanks
Mickey
Thank you for getting back to me MICKY.
I will answer the questions you have asked first .
the suspension is stock with all new bushes and rebuilt springs when in SA before it came here
the engine is a 350 from a camero around 76 ,rad is origonal rebuilt bye serc,s with a new core .Usual stuff on outside Holley and manifold and headers proper twin exhaust to sound nice but not deafen.
and the gearbox is a 3speed .from a 1977 camero with a linkage that brings the hurst shifter to beside the drivers seat .
The seats are a pair from a well specked rover 3.5 litre car .
the cab is steel and the doors also
the complete front is plastic , not flip fronted all parts bar inner fenders which are steel are made from my moulds including front bumper .
All rubbers replaced and all the little widjets that go with them .the complete truck is 90 percent new parts

The steering is modified from the box up as it is a Chevy vaga box reversed as this is a GENUINE right hand drive truck , was the only one in the country for a long time.
The rear is a step side and has a wooden bed but all else is plastic .the tank is behind the axle close up to the bed .
Has a 3x3 registration which was done when i brought her home in 96 .
It is not dropped to the ground, I just dont like that .not chopped either .
Everything works as it should and the dual circuit brakes with discs on front work very well .
Now yes i have thousands of pictures and of the old school type .
and there is a video also . I will see if i can attach to this in some way or are you able to tap into my face book account . ???
I do not wish to appear stupid but i have been building cars not computers .for the las 50 years .
If you still interested I will get my wife to get th video off Facebook onto here or into your email . how ever it works insert link perhaps ??
YOU ASK OF HOW MUCH WELL THE ANSWER TO THAT IS I DONT REALLY KNOW BUT NO WAY WOULD I LET IT GO FOR LESS THAN 20 THOU .

Thank you for reading this through and for replying
Chas E Street .

·
Registered
100 Posts
OK Chas. What name do you use on Facebook? Then I can search and find your page.
Alternatively my email is [email protected]

Best wishes
Mickey
My wife says my face book is Charles Street. The profile pic is with my son a Filipina wife. Please add me so I can share the video. It is difficult to send a video via email as my connection here in the countryside is sucks.
Cheers
Chas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts