Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
American Truck importer
11,742 Posts
got one on the way over, running and driving, needing some brake work,,, so the yanks said anyway,

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks jimmy did spot this one but was looking for the one with a flatter front but due to the lack of them around might have to re think let me no when it arrives

·
American Truck importer
11,742 Posts
sure will mate.
I also have the chance of these ones (if not already gone) but they have no titles which means we would have to cut the chassis behind the cab and just ship the front sections. Problem is the guy still wants strong money. Another problem is that they don't qualify for cheaper import duty/VAT as they come in as parts, so duty and VAT is paid as on any other parts. Then obviously the cab needs to go on a modern chassis which then retains the modern reg plate, road tax and MOT as it's just a rebody. They would work out at around 7K to 7.5K each just as cabs! TBH this is the safest way to do it for all the cost of an MOT and 6 months road tax. You could of course put the cab on an old pickup and stay as historic, I just see the COEs more as car carriers, hence the idea of the modern chassis!

p.s. check out the "indicator" or "trafficator" on the Dodge above

·
Registered
622 Posts
sure will mate.
I also have the chance of these ones (if not already gone) but they have no titles which means we would have to cut the chassis behind the cab and just ship the front sections. Problem is the guy still wants strong money. Another problem is that they don't qualify for cheaper import duty/VAT as they come in as parts, so duty and VAT is paid as on any other parts. Then obviously the cab needs to go on a modern chassis which then retains the modern reg plate, road tax and MOT as it's just a rebody. They would work out at around 7K to 7.5K each just as cabs! TBH this is the safest way to do it for all the cost of an MOT and 6 months road tax. You could of course put the cab on an old pickup and stay as historic, I just see the COEs more as car carriers, hence the idea of the modern chassis!

p.s. check out the "indicator" or "trafficator" on the Dodge above

If it's any help, I know a guy just outside Dallas that can reclaim titles for $350. Had to get one for my F100. Takes 6/8wks

·
American Truck importer
11,742 Posts
thanks mate, and I have had this done before in California too, sometimes it's only $150 but it has also been as much as $350

1 - 8 of 8 Posts