Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
formerly litig8r
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted form V55/5

Does anybody have a spare v55/5 form they can spare, or lend me?

I’ve bought a car from Ray’s Classics (thanks Ray), I’ve got it home and got it MOT’d, and I’ve applied for a form from DVLA but I read horror stories online about them taking three weeks to arrive.

If you can help me out, please PM me, and if you want, I will send you “mine” when it arrives in exchange

Cheers Tim

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,128 Posts
Another DVLA cock up .They've altered the V55/5 and V55/4 so they no longer use carbon paper ( which is why you couldn't download them before ). However they haven't updated their download site :(

·
formerly litig8r
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No that would be too difficult. Personally I could tolerate all this incompetence on the part of government departments when everything was free.

I deal a lot with Companies House. In the last few years they have brought in fees for a lot of things that used to be free, and they have used the money to employ people whose main job seems to be to scrutinize everything you send in and send it back as soon as they spot the tiniest error (which frequently is not actually an error at all).

They don't read to the end to see if there are any other 'errors'. Nor do they ever, EVER, call the phone number that they ask you to put on the forms "in case there is a query with the form".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts