Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a joke on here with reference to the missing airliner where has it gone? ( the joke not the plane ) It certainly ( IMHO ) wasn't that bad in fact I have heard more close to the knuckle ones than that on the subject. Was it moderated or did the op delete it?

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,363 Posts
I thought it was in bad taste, BUT I've seen a lot worse on here and IMO it should have been moved to the adult section.

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
I put it on, (should has thought about it first really) Mods had 15 reports & 3 PM's about it, so Darren deleted it, I sort of agree with the decision, but it would have gone unnoticed in the adult section....probably!

Gary.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I thought it was a clever comment, as is the one on the Peaches Geldof thread, but maybe both are in questionable taste. Death is a terrible business however it happens, and we all react differently to these reminders of our own mortality and maybe things that have happened in our own past. Once again though, especially in the case of Peaches Geldof, it's the innocent children that suffer.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
I am really pleased to see that R&S has become more sensitive to political correctness. Love the thread title though!

Rog.

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts
Lord almighty! What a bunch of sensitive so-and-sos we're becoming.

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts
Not really, it was found by some as offensive and as such should have been moved to the adult section where there's a lot of other stuff that would be deemed as offensive by some.
Some people will find anything offensive. It wasn't 'adult humour' so it was fine in Chat. There's no point in letting the fun police make everyone as humourless as they are, just tell them that if they don't like it don't look at it.

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,363 Posts
I wasn't one of the 18, yes, I smiled at it when I saw it, BUT IMO any joke or comment that could be classed as bad-taste should be in the adult area. That is my opinion. This site's success that was built up by Si was hinged around him taking a no-nosence approach to stuff being in the right place and stuff was moved quickly to keep everything "tidy". I don't think it should have been deleted, but it should have been moved.

All my opinion of course, but at the end of the day it's nothing to do with me how this site is run.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Its been in the joke section since the 14th of march.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I laughed out loud at it,
Re-wrote it as a text,and shared it with all my mates,
Didn't have one person moan at it !
What sort of lily livered person finds "jokes" that sensitive they have to pm the mods !
You want to get a job in the building trade,you wouldn't last 5minutes

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ha ha that's a joke in itself!

Rog.
absobleedinlutley, there seems to be some very heavy moderation lately on here, Like has been said it is in the joke thread already which is why i wondered if it had been deleted by the OP or not. lighten up, as without humour the world is a depressing place chaps

·
Nowheresville
3,049 Posts
surely laughing and joking about it is the british way to deal with all this crap
Because there were no Brits reported missing? Seems to me the whole fucking Faceache/Twatter/texting/happy slapping moron generation are just lowering the whole country's standards to the lowest common denominator (i.e. the bottom of a ditch). (Deleted the rest...)

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
There was a joke on here with reference to the missing airliner where has it gone? ( the joke not the plane ) It certainly ( IMHO ) wasn't that bad in fact I have heard more close to the knuckle ones than that on the subject. Was it moderated or did the op delete it?
Yours is still in the jokes thread (post #2676), can't see why the other one was deleted, it should have just been moved to the adult section IMO

1 - 20 of 71 Posts