Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

water injection jets from? ( turbo system)

4K views 42 replies 11 participants last post by  kp666 
#1 ·
Building my own system, & I some jets - other than the branded stuff is the any industrial jets that would work? Maybe farm spraying equipment?

#4 ·
The size of the jets will depend on what pressure your pump is. For water injection you need around 250psi. Using a 12v fish pond pump ect wont cut it or do any good. The water / meth needs to be almost atomised when it enters the incoming fuel air charge to work properly.

Placement of the jets is also important. One small jet before the turbo & a couple just before the throttle body or carb intake work very well on turbo or centrifugal blower applications.

#5 · (Edited)
My pump is a industrial but small 20bar pressure item.Not some Surflow clunker.
A jet before the turbo is not the way to go_Ok on super chargers ( it helps seal the rotors).
A jet/s after the turbo help pull out the most heat & should be just after the intercooler single jet system, or non inter cooler just after the turbo.Best is one jet per cylinder port.
Using meth's etc, can cause big corrosion problems , best to use straight distilled water.
Back to my original question, I'm after jets that 1,, don't cost an arm & a leg, 2,have filters & varouis sizes, (I don't need advise on jet sizes etc,)
Any suggestions ? thanks

#16 ·
A jet before the turbo is not the way to go_Ok on super chargers ( it helps seal the rotors).

Using meth's etc, can cause big corrosion problems , best to use straight distilled water.
Back to my original question, I'm after jets that 1,, don't cost an arm & a leg, 2,have filters & varouis sizes, (I don't need advise on jet sizes etc,)
Any suggestions ? thanks
I strongly disagree.
Not sure why you're on here as it sounds like you're telling us how it works...

#17 · (Edited)
I asked about jets, so why are you banging on about jet location & meths ????, what I've stated is from the book 'Forced Induction' by A.Graham Bell. I'm more inclined to follow his advise than some one i've never heard of on a car forum.
Do you belive all the advise you find on here then?

#19 ·
I asked about jets, so why are you banging on about jet location & meths ????, what I've stated is from the book 'Forced Induction' by A.Graham Bell. I'm more inclined to follow his advise than some one i've never heard of on a car forum.
Do you belive all the advise you find on here then?
Ha Ha ha..... Things have moved on a bit since that book, but hey, you sound like you know what you're doing. I'm sure i have no clue..
Good luck with it..

#11 · (Edited)
I import AIS kits in for Rodney (12 satisfied UK customers to date). I use one of his 3 jet systems myself. I don't like using his stuff on home brew or competitors kits as it's his business that looses out & he is a stand up guy but I'll see what I have spare sitting on the shelf jet wise. Meth mixed 50/50 with distilled water won't cause corrosion problems if you use the correct cell, pump, lines & jets. Using a mixture gives the advantage of different liquids removing heat at different stages in the intake tract depending on where you position the jets. The meth can also act as an enrichment buffer but remember to tune on pure water if using a wide band then add the meth once set up.

I'd advise you to use the correct components re jetting as a blockage or failure when you need most could cost a hell of a lot more than the saving of using the wrong parts.

#12 ·
#21 ·
oh dear, big upsets allround.just to be clear I'm talking about a road bike not a race car.having read about the subject & taken advise on two bike forums that have Turbo/super charger bike sections i think its fair to say that getting advise from race car people for a road going bike is not the way to go?
I've stated that its a 6psi build, so thats an indication that I'm talkng about a road bike.
The bike will be used for european trips, useing meths is not an option ( finding meths on route could be tricky?).Also the bike will be parked up a lot of the time & i don't want any hassle with possible meths corrosion
I've thanked Adam for his input, the other comment is unhelpfull & I suspect has more to do with my statement that a Turbo bike is quicker than most cars. ( not race cars).
Interesting to note that the 'race car' types are getting arsey about this.

#22 ·
You made a statement, i didn't agree with it. If you want to call that "being arsey" that is fine.
4 stroke turbo engines are the same in cars and bikes,and i couldn't give a flying f**k wether you have either.......
I was probably doing water injection while you were pedalling your bike on a paper round son. You're also very welcome to come and have a go at my turbo street car if you want?
Is that "being arsey" enough for you?
If you don't want to take any advice then why come on here and ask questions......

#24 ·
Perhaps you should read from the begining & understand before shouting your mouth off?,
All I was asking about was jets, you've offerd no advise- just rude unhelpfull comments.
Running a race engine for a max effort strip run is totally different from a building a reliable long distance mile eating turbo build.
Not sure what you mean about "have a go at my turbo street car", to race you? pick faults?, neither, it has no relevance to what I'm doing.I've allready stated my bike is built on advise from the turbo bike forums, what possible help can you offer?,Would you advise a turbo race car builder to take advise from a turbo bike forum?

You know nothing about me, your arrogance is quite shocking.I note that you have "official Shit Stirrer" below your user name, do you get some weird gratification from being so unpleasant?
Any way enough of all that, some one was telling me today of some idiot that run an expensive race engine down the strip with out getting it dyno'd & blew it up! wonder who that was???

#23 ·
I have over 1000 street miles on my car from last years cruising, Chelsea bridge run & Ace cafe nights. I probably don't see more than 3 or 4 lbs boost on the street but the system is always active so our parameters are not that far apart. The kit doesn't know if it's bolted to an 8.8 litre or 1.3 litre engine. It does the same job. Like nitrous in it's early days of mass popularity there were many advocates of using what was to hand. Now days there is a better understanding of it which is why pretty much everyone uses the same components albeit with a different company sticker on them. What I would say is that you will need a much finer spray than I suspect an agricultural nozzle can provide or guarantee.

Advice on here is free, it's impartial, it's posted to help not deride & it's a hell of a lot more current than any other medium. Plus it's written from experience gained here & now.

This isn't a dig at you but you could do a lot worse than take on board whats being said. Andy's car is street legal but races as is mine. I thought we were all petrol heads together, don't put up a barbed wire fence when there is no reason to do so. I'll hopefully be running my bike at the Pod this year so I'll pop over & see how your kit panned out. Like I said previously, good luck with it.

I'd ditch the book for anything other than basic reference.

#29 ·
To be honest I think this is uncalled for. Yep Andy, your first reply wasn't offering anything constructive at all i'm afraid :tdown:
It was showing your obvious disagreement but then turned sarky.

As the guy put on a couple of occasions, placement and size of jets weren't in question. The question was asking about availability on alternative jets (later elaborated into jets with filters).

Seeing the replies build up after that i'd have to say i'd get fucked off and shitty in my responses to them as well (just as you've done yourself in similar situations ;))
Totally uncalled for and unnecessary.

#30 · (Edited)
Take them off if you want. I know someone is feeding the guy info, particularly as he says he hasn't heard of me.
How would he know about engine damage to my car that he doesn't know.
One thing i do know. I dont take shit from anyone anymore. Whether it's on a forum,or in real life.:tup:

#33 ·
One thing i do know. I dont take shit from anyone anymore. Whether it's on a forum,or in real life.:tup:
No offence mate but don't go provoking arguments then :beuj:
You could have quite easily stepped over this thread without any involvement (considering nothing constructive was posted) and none of this would have even happened in the first place.
Instead it just turns into a pissing contest with toys everywhere.

it was the " i was having a talk with someone" that gave it away.
Yep, I saw that too but then it's easy to say anything you want to get a reaction isn't it ?

#31 · (Edited)
All that was after the initial reply so really doesn't justify the response which is where this stemmed from.

The car damage stuff could quite easily have been seen by reading (or skimming) your thread on here IF he'd decided to research you after the comments ?
Like I say though, that was all said 3 days after the sarky comments were first posted which fulled this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.