Rods 'n' Sods banner

261 - 280 of 524 Posts

·
Nowheresville
3,028 Posts
I'm sure I saw Theresa May getting out of a BMW on the news the other day. So we'll have a PM who is more interested in supporting her friends in Europe than the UK economy.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just don't want that puppet Corbyn to get in ...he isn't safe ...he will be controlled by ....anyone and everyone and just been seen on the world stage as a fool and be detrimental to any following goverment for years

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just don't want that puppet Corbyn to get in ...he isn't safe ...he will be controlled by ....anyone and everyone and just been seen on the world stage as a fool and be detrimental to any following goverment for years
He reminds me of someone's old granddad.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The other woman Andrea Leadsom:

In April 2013 at the Hansard Society's annual parliamentary affairs lecture, Leadsom warned against the UK leaving the European Union, stating that "I think it would be a disaster for our economy and it would lead to a decade of economic and political uncertainty at a time when the tectonic plates of global success are moving.

How times change, more here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Leadsom
As you say "How times change" but in fairness it WAS three years ago so times have changed.

·
Stroker
5,443 Posts
A revote won't happen but if it did the same result would occur. Imo

Corbyns rival Angela Eagle put the boot in saying the tories term caused Brexit.

WTF!!

To still be in total denial of leaving their heartland supporters to rot is disgusting.

After Bliar destroyed just about every aspect of uk, chin wobbling Brown struck the final blow.

BIGGOTGATE

Was imo the final straw for Labour and the EU.
The heartland voters will never forget an old lady being chastised by an out of touch, arrogant, cosmo poilitico elite not fit for purpose.

I did wonder why it wasn't brought up during campaign, obviously not needed.

Heartlanders for historic reasons will never vote tory, labour forget it, UKIP MPs here we come.

They only have themselves to blame but still they refuse to acknowledge it.
Let their arrogance be their downfall. Goodbye.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
There is speculation over the turnout not being 75% and that in turn gives an incorrect result,
It was used to screw over the Scottish one in 1979, by George Robertson ,George Foulkes and a few other Labour Peers ..As far as I'm concerned it stays, deal with it, and I have serious contempt for the signatories to the 4 million petition ...... they are total imbeciles , these trumpets thought it was a joke,"Let's give Dave a fright " and now cacking themselves at what they did , but that assumes that all voted for out and make no allowance for the possibility that only 500,000 voted out
and to go O/T what a bunch of pussies the Tories are , they land this shit and bale out, to be left with two women ,that not the point there are 3 here, but these are to the far right Christians
And the Lothsome one is a bit of a teller of tall and inaccurate tales

Would be a brave mp who voted to stay in,as its doubtful he would be be reselected again,a s he's gone against the wishes of the people
You say He it could be a She, there were rumours of May taking the hit for it , a peerage and off. I wonder why no one picked Lady Michelle Mone of Mayfair she's stupid enough to make the whole thing worse

·
Registered
503 Posts
Brexit - Take back control. Yeh sure, half the politicians leave and you get a Prime Minister you never voted for... HAHAHAHAHAHA

·
American Truck importer
11,742 Posts
Brexit - Take back control. Yeh sure, half the politicians leave and you get a Prime Minister you never voted for... HAHAHAHAHAHA
still better than being controlled by cunts in Brussells who we also never voted for. It'll sort itself out in the end, and as stonefree implies, Scotland never gets a party it votes for anyway, we don't have enough people here to influence a vote in a general election, quite simple, votes are on numbers and we don't have the population here, but I'm happy with that rather than have an over population of economic migrants from the "new" EU member states!!
Rather than laughing, where we are is where we are and it's time to pull together and make Britain "great" again. Don't forget (JP) that my import business is temporarlily fucked because of the fallout and exchange rate, but I'm looking at other ways and other directions to take my business in for the future, whilst still having the trucks on a smaller scale.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
But we never vote for a prime minister?
We have a general election but that's for a party, not a PM. Think a lot of people get confused on that.
With respect I know that, but the Tories and Some others don't , The " mad tank wumman" stood with no mention of the Conservative and Unionist Party ,only "Vote for Ruth Davidson" as "strong opposition" invoking a Thatcherite persona,(who for the record was wrong in misquoting St.Francis in 1979 she was 700 years out)

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
It will be interesting to see how May negotiates our exit from the EU, they are adamant that if we want a trade deal then we have to accept free movement of people which is a ridiculous condition.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
that my import business is temporarily fucked because of the fallout and exchange rate,
You hit the nail on the head,
My son returned last week to renew his Passport, and stated that the Pound is worth nothing, and he'd pay for the outing

·
Administrator
9,542 Posts
With respect I know that, but the Tories and Some others don't , The " mad tank wumman" stood with no mention of the Conservative and Unionist Party ,only "Vote for Ruth Davidson" as "strong opposition" invoking a Thatcherite persona,(who for the record was wrong in misquoting St.Francis in 1979 she was 700 years out)
Sorry, was not aimed at you - just a lot of the general population seem to think we vote for a president now??

·
Premium Member
7,354 Posts
You hit the nail on the head,
My son returned last week to renew his Passport, and stated that the Pound is worth nothing, and he'd pay for the outing
Currencys fluctuate,it will bounce back up again.

Even if they did call a quick election,there is no real opposition.then those that still cant get their heads around were leaving,would moan that it wasnt fair as the labour party wernt in a possition to fight a general election.

They cant win.

One good thing though is,there trying to stop the ,them and us mentality,and they really have to earn their keep now,to get us the best deal possible

.sure there will be some loser's,but nothing in life is certain.businesses and economies change all the time,

261 - 280 of 524 Posts