Rods 'n' Sods banner

281 - 300 of 524 Posts

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
I was almost certain it wasn't
we vote for a president now??
Nothing typified that more than Kinnock falling on his backside in the sea, and the conference where he shout "Well Alright ,Well Alright" several times,that was it for me with the labour party,Interestingly that was on 1st April 1992
Now the leaders are all about the money T'was the same with Kinnock £500K job for the missus ,and "No I'll not have a Knighthood"
Folk don't give money to politicians without a " Quid pro Quo" and many of them..Watch the guy Aaron Burns, backed UKIP and latched on to the Tories ,like a little Haliburton

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Currencys fluctuate,it will bounce back up again.
I am aware of that ,the days of getting $1.99 to the Pound are by with, hell it was bad enough at $1.51, that said that was years ago
Now it's a different ball game , food prices are rising ,cost of living is on the increase, and the UK is broke,skint, the next fall in GDP and it's bankrupt .......What's left to sell ? Who would buy it?.....you can't polish that

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Life's not all about money. People have felt an erosion in their lives caused by masses of EU red tape, and that's sucked the life out of the country. Sure, it's not only the EU, but UK politicians too, and they are going to find life much harder over the coming years as the population demands that their wishes are met . Brussels is a sinking ship, the EU isn't fit for purpose anymore as it primarily only works for Germany and a few of the net beneficiary countries in the east of Europe. It's lost control of immigration and free movement is a disaster, you only have to look at France to see that. ISIS trained gunman, coming and going via Greece, etc.

·
Administrator
9,542 Posts
It's not really working for Germany either.

Their biggest financial institution Deutsche Bank is in such trouble it's been classed by the IMF as 'the most important net contributor to global systemic risks'
The shares are at a 30 year low, the EU is in the middle of a banking crisis, Italian banks are wobbling, and those in Spain, Portugal & France are in poor health as well.

The European banking authority notes they are sitting on one Trillion Euro's of soured loans (loans that won't get paid back) so no wonder Brexit has caused such vitriol from Brussels.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
One thing that has come out of this is that the whole political system has been exposed as not fit for purpose.
None of the established parties has a clue about what to do next.
In the run up to the referendum none of the political commentators or interviewers asked the question to any of the politicians "what are YOU going to do if the country votes to leave?"
And guess what? Nobody had a plan.
Someone on face book posted a brilliant meme which used the analogy of the cat meowing at the door to go out and when the door was opened just stood there and did nothing.And that's what has happened.
Nigel Farrage spent most of the last few years being photographed in some pub somewhere having a pint to prove what a "down to earth bloke" he was well I bet he wouldn't dare to go into any pub now because he has shown himself up to be a wanker with loads to talk about but no actual plan UKIP has been sold down the river.
Cameron has done the same and now we have a new Prime Minister that make Margret Thatcher look like Mother Theresa.
. Corbyne has been stabbed in the back by everyone in his own party (only just wiped the blades after stabbing Milliband) so where next?
I'd be more likely to vote for Russel Fucking Brand than anyone in the current line up?:beuj:

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Italian banks are wobbling, and those in Spain, Portugal & France are in poor health as well.
the UK ones are none to health either, Yorkshire and Clydesdale seem more secure ,but they are much smaller and take Aussy instruction,Did you know that the Bank that is 83% public owned you can't get full business accounts for , you can get bits and pieces but not the Whole Group Accounts

The European banking authority notes they are sitting on one Trillion Euro's of soured loans
2007/8 again only bigger

·
Administrator
9,542 Posts
To be fair, no one knows what to do as no country has ever done it before. They made no plans for it as they never thought it would happen. I don't really blame any of them for 'standing at the open door' to use your cat analogy - what plans have you made for when your house burns down or if you have your legs amputated? (I don't mean insurance, I mean what would you actually do?) The answer is none as you don't think it would ever happen. It's going to take a while to think of what to do and how to do it.

One thing's for sure - there will be a HUGE increase in public servants as they desperately recruit people to sort out all the new laws/rules/regulations needed to implement Brexit.

It's certainly shaken up the politics of this country though - and quite possibly those of Europe too. The US is facing the same with Trump, the public has decided enough is enough and it will be interesting to see where politics will go from here.

·
Administrator
9,542 Posts
the UK ones are none to health either, Yorkshire and Clydesdale seem more secure ,but they are much smaller and take Aussy instruction,Did you know that the Bank that is 83% public owned you can't get full business accounts for , you can get bits and pieces but not the Whole Group Accounts

2007/8 again only bigger
Agreed, this is why Merkel is being gracious to us as if handled wrong both us and Europe could go down the pan. I think (hope) that wanker Junker will be out of a job by the Autumn.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
In the run up to the referendum none of the political commentators or interviewers asked the question to any of the politicians "what are YOU going to do if the country votes to leave?"
And guess what? Nobody had a plan.
Those two sentences summed it all up , and your choices are Blue,Red and Piss Yellow coloured Tories,

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
To be fair, no one knows what to do as no country has ever done it before. They made no plans for it as they never thought it would happen. I don't really blame any of them for 'standing at the open door' to use your cat analogy - what plans have you made for when your house burns down or if you have your legs amputated? (I don't mean insurance, I mean what would you actually do?) The answer is none as you don't think it would ever happen. It's going to take a while to think of what to do and how to do it.
Good point but I am a pretty small concern and can react and make plans very quickly so I don't need to plan that far ahead. Also I don't get paid hundreds of thousands of pounds a year to make decisions that affect every bodies lives. The politicians only had two outcomes to plan for, in or out. Instead of coming up with a plan they have all resigned, Borris , Gove and Farage all spent the past year or so making the case for Brexit and then bottled it.
If they didn't think it was going to happen what else have they been thinking about for the past couple of years, this was suposed to be "Independence Day"
Now what???:woohoo:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Quantify that with mathematics and not misguided patriotism and I will believe you.
misguided patriotism ? have a read of some of the replies after that remark, you will see the EU isn't the bed of roses you think ....the mathematics tells you that, when I check the stocks etc yes they have taken a hit but are coming back up ....only dropping when the doom n gloom start talking.

I believe in the UK ...at all levels ....the UK has an awesome skill set ...take a look at some of the projects being produced in the garage sections of this BB, the standards are what others aim to achieve ....the UK has the skills and determinations to make it a great step forward

I don't care if you don't believe me ....I believe in the UK

·
Premium Member
7,354 Posts
l I don't care if you don't believe me ....I believe in the UK[/QUOTE said:
and everyone needs to get behind us now.thought all the speaches the tories are doing at the mo,are very positive towards brexit.

just need a good strong one from our new pm,once she,s in charge

·
Stroker
5,443 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Am I living on a different island ? ....far from being in a bad position ..I believe we are in a far far better position
So do I

I voted out, I also said if out won we would probably see Cameron resign (he had no option) and possibly an election (not happening) didnt see the Labout fall out or Farage resigning, however I think Farage will end up as part of the negotiating team somewhere allong the way

Boris got stabbed in the back by Gove (god knows Gove was thinking, he killed all his opportunities and hopes with that action) and Boris did the only sensible thing, he stood back and said to Gove (metaphorically) "please be my guest" and then watched him step on the damp patch only to sink up to his ears in a large hole..........Although everyone kept putting Boris forward for PM I have never heard or seen Boris push for that position, I dont see him as PM

So.....Yes we have short term issues...we always have...but I think we are at the start of difficult, interesting, exciting end eventually better times FOR ALL

·
Stroker
5,443 Posts
Quantify that with mathematics and not misguided patriotism and I will believe you.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_in_Europe_by_GDP_(nominal)

2nd only to Germany for gdp, and that's before we shuffle the eu chains off.

It's ok to pay to be a member of a trading club. But for so much of your contribution to be given to poorer club members is quite frankly, weird.
If we want to give billions in charity as we do for Africa then the UK should decide to whom the dough goes. Ditto dosh going to Asia whilst they persue the space race!?

Look! We can fly!!!

281 - 300 of 524 Posts