Rods 'n' Sods banner

461 - 480 of 524 Posts

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
the earlier capital of Scotland, and where the King resided,was Dunfermline, up till the Union of the Crowns in 1603,I think,Up to then the shire was call the The Kingdom of.it was never a shire called Fife.although some parishes lumped together non shires to become Kinross and Fife Shires, Nairn and Moray might have been another........ Incidently I was shedding old paper a month ago, and notice My company sent a few to Dunfermline,Fifeshire
I am reasonable well versed in English history as well, but not dates like 1966

·
American Truck importer
11,742 Posts
Its definitely FIFE
yeah, he's wrong Ian, but he's half right, as he didn't say what he googled and checked. Billy Connolly's boots had Fyffes bananas, and so Fyffes had 2 FFs in the middle where stonefree had spelt it with one. I'm pretty sure he's also wrong that he's paying for our prescriptions etc. I'm not up on this shit and not fuckin interested to be honest, but I think he'll find that what we get for nothing, we pay for elsewhere, as Westminster only sends up so much money, and it's up to our government to distribute it, it's not like Westminster then sends us more so we don't pay for our prescriptions :pmsl:
One thing 69ford is definitely correct with though, is that the poison dwarf can indeed fuck right off. In fact she can go fuck herself.

·
American Truck importer
11,742 Posts
if sturgeon is so disliked
how come she is still top of the heap :shake:
errr, 'cause she can't be voted out by the public until there is an election, and if people vote snp, and if the snp still want her as leader, then, again she will be "top of the heap" It's her party the public vote for, it's up to her party who they vote to lead.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
how come she is still top of the heap
have you seen the rest?...If they improved they would become just dire

There are many pro Indy members and followers who see her as the only way forward,on the other hand some non members buy into the "selfie pish".......to be fair she's reasonably good as a mid level manager, I've met far better........

I stood against them (and the rest) at the last council elections.(and got humped) .That really was an eye opener......First was the question of cost ,the branch said about the cost, it was expensive to do,
( I had in a previous election filled in the forms , but never submited them).......The cost to produce the best and most truthful leaflet in the area, the whole thing ..£122.00.........PS if you fancy having a go , just do it

v8Jimmie is right, they are supposed to be social democrats, from what I've seen ,that's very questionable

·
Registered
12,485 Posts
if sturgeon is so disliked
how come she is still top of the heap :shake:
Apathy voting that's the answer - with so many people who are not interested in political affairs they just won't vote - you only need to look at the turn-out at the voting booths tom see a relatively small number of the electorate voting. Get a sharp, pro-active candidate who will run people to the voting booths (and vote) and you'll get a disproportionate result. Compare it with other minority groups and factions who get far more 'airtime' than they deserve - only because they put far more effort in to getting in to the public eye compared with major political parties.

·
Stroker
5,443 Posts
Funny to see how the remoaners are looking to get a vote of no confidence if they prevent a no deal exit when it seems it's only Boris and a few others leading from the front who actually have fecking confidence.

Makes ya wanna scream, 500 odd self serving, overpaid representatives of the people who refuse to (represent) and at the same time because of lack of any funnel seek to put a straight jacket on the strongest fighter in the team. Go figure

461 - 480 of 524 Posts