Rods 'n' Sods banner

61 - 80 of 524 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Christ, you Guys know your stuff about this politics lark, me?, fkn clueless, is my one man band garage going to fail now? LOL
Do we not get the exchange rate anymore between Euro and dollar?, seriously, I do not do this "stuff".

Just what do we stand to GAIN now out?, make our own rules etc...im fkn lost on this.
I will gladly read all the thread if some of the answers maybe in it.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
All things apart I have to say I was moved by the 80 year old soldier remembering all his family and mates he lost in the war only to be now controlled by the Germans (his words)

Amongst his tears he said he was just glad to get his country back.

I for one cannot argue with his sentiments.

·
Vendor
3,373 Posts
only a problem if they planned on selling again soon. So they are in negative equity, so what? as long as they still work and can still pay the mortgage it makes no difference. If they are on a similar salary to yourself where you have told us on more than one occasion that you pay more in tax than the average person's salary, then it will matter even less to them, and you'll be able to buy a mansion once the market drops but your salary doesn't. Big garage for your truck:tup:, Oh and also, your truck may well just be worth 10% more now as the cost of importing from the States has just gone up with the pound crashing, so there will be less fresh imports if people are not prepared to pay the extra costs (which they wont be as I think we're almost at a level that people don't want to pay any higher). Certainly, I'll have to reconsider some of the stuff I have earmakred for import, might just let it go over there. The next container I pay for will be the benchmark.
heres my take on it jim ,the down side i see for a uk buyer is all those FRESH fILL IN THE BLANK IMPORTS just got more expensive & most likely will continue to for the short term not only more expensive to buy but as you stated more expensive to ship, containers will now get more expensive , on the other hand all those wanna be part time wheeler dealers on both sides of the water may now go back to their real job as in previous downturns & leave it to the legitimate dealers who in turn are probably not going to be so busy for awhile which includes me but then again that early e type coupe & DB4 i,ve wanted for a long time just got 10% cheaper for me to buy over there & bring back , anyone got one they want to trade for a truck ! & my smallholding somewhere in the southeast may get more affordable as this all shakes out , however i do see lay offs coming & the cost of living rising in the short term if the pound does,nt recover & raw materials get more expensive to import , in the meantime those five vehicles i sold to a trader over there yesterday morning may now be a no sale depending on what happens to the rate in the next few business days but i,m still for leaving & only time will tell whether it was good or bad for the country RAY A a brit abroad

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
I think a lot of this is about attitude
If we go in to this looking for reasons to moan and complain then we are all fucked

But this could be exciting times and yes we can make Britain great again

Surly to a certain extent it's up to us all to try and make this work
This is by far the best thing you have ever said on this site. :tup:

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
I was driving to work this morning having watched the result .....and for me ...I thought ...what a great place to live we are free

I know it's only the start of things, but it's so good to know we have said no to a large controlling external governing body. Who did have a hidden agenda to control the whole of Europe
Strangely enough, I thought a very similar thing driving to work this morning. we all need to look positive and just get on with it.

·
Registered
833 Posts
We have voted to leave....but, I would not bet against a deal being done.The EU will offer compromises and reforms of some sort.They cannot see other nations following suit and will use the UK vote as a reason to change things.....they can't allow one of the main bankers of project Europe to simply walk away...watch this space.

The people have spoken but it will fall on deaf ears....the rich and powerful will do anything to reclaim their places on the gravy train.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
the prices we get are in Euros for some reason, I dont know why.

but I think the comment/question was in relation to the pound crashing. if we get stuff from other coutnries, that stuff is going to be more expensive now.

and then that led to the discussion about not being able to produce it here, which then lead to the telecoms market leaders, which one is from China.
The chinkys have allways led in electronics anyway

·
Registered
194 Posts
A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom.

·
Two Sauces and a Sausage!
1,642 Posts
Do you know what really really gets me at the moment, all we are hearing on the radio is negative, most of what's been on the radio and the BBC website is negative. The rest of the EU must be watching in amazement !! Look the silly sods vote to leave then most of them are on a downer
Well I'm not, me and family are having a celebration BBQ Here's To Britain Guys, Here's to the future !!
:tup:

61 - 80 of 524 Posts