Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Marians daily she's been running magnetic advertising signs on the door for around 6 months . We took them off the other day and it has left an outline on both doors. It's large LIGHTER patch ?? I can imagine it fading and leaving a darker one but lighter ? Colour is a light metallic gold.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really , it's difficult to catch . When we peeled them off we thought it was one side only then today in a different light you can see both sides . Look from below up and it's not there

·
fixin your car
935 Posts
Have you tried cleaning the car?
It could be grime

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Its a chemical reaction from the magnetic/rubber signs Kev, bleeds into the paint , bry

·
Grown up? Never!
2,171 Posts
This will make you never believe anything a say ever again, but the magnets can change the way the metal flakes sit in the paint, tends to only happen on cars unto 10yrs old. I was told this by a sign maker. So don't laugh at me laugh at Aaron.

Chaley

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
this will make you never believe anything a say ever again, but the magnets can change the way the metal flakes sit in the paint, tends to only happen on cars unto 10yrs old. I was told this by a sign maker. So don't laugh at me laugh at aaron.

Chaley
na cant be right,the sign maker was probally wrong.kev try moppiing as youve nothing to lose

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Cheers ( I think ? LOL ) Bry . Will it mop or does it need a repaint ?
Try it Kev, coupke of times ive had it had to be painted

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
And whatever you do don't wrap freshly painted parts in bubble wrap, my fuel tank looked like an octopus had attacked it, mopping didn't get the circles out had to be re-painted :sniff:

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
And whatever you do don't wrap freshly painted parts in bubble wrap, my fuel tank looked like an octopus had attacked it, mopping didn't get the circles out had to be re-painted :sniff:
Yup, been there too!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I put a bit of electrical tape on cellulose once to hold a boot stay bar in place, left a deep mark as if it had sucked all the paint out.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I put a bit of electrical tape on cellulose once to hold a boot stay bar in place, left a deep mark as if it had sucked all the paint out.
Interesting .

I had a bare metalled motor and it had a trickle of brake fluid run down a wing, it was all thinners, and panel wiped, before paint . The line could be seen as a much smoother better flowed out line no matter what you did to it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts