Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here we are :)

Take your shoes off and have a poke around.

It's not 'that' different form before in terms of the functionality however quite a few things have moved around a bit.

You'll probably also notice that there's content missing from some of the new bits. This will be added on as I work through it now I just figured I best let you all back in the place before you buggered off for good :D

Overall, there's been a massive changeover within the software this site uses so it is likely that we'll pick up on some bugs over the next couple of weeks.

I'll add a thread up for reporting these to me so we can try and keep it all in one place. Be gentle :D but more importantly please be patient :tup:

One of the major changes is that this site will no longer render properly using Internet Explorer 6 :tup:
It will work but it's gonna look uglier than something you have nightmares about waking up next to :eek:

Sorry :( but unfortunately that's a necessary sacrifice to allow the new layout and many of the features.

Along with the changes you see now, there's also some new add-ons to the site that i'll be rolling out in the new future including ...

A full photo gallery system.
A more comprehensive classifieds area (including the ability to run your own auctions and leave feedback between sales/purchases)
Traders promotional blogs (show off your special offers or any announcements you need to make)

Rather than push all this out at once we figured it was best to release them in sections so you can get used to the new site :tup:

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of the major changes is that this site will no longer render properly using Internet Explorer 6 :tup:
It will work but it's gonna look uglier than something you have nightmares about waking up next to :eek:
Firefox users running Adblocker software will also have problems with the header bar :tdown:
Turn off the blocker ;) It's not that bad and helps pay for this site :D :tup:

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,741 Posts
I need better eyes. Having trouble spotting where one post ends and the next begins!

Edit: It's not so bad when the user has a coloured avatar.

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One thing I *really* like about the new software is if you click the reply or reply with quote button the message box comes to the post your replying to rather than dumping you at the bottom :D

Simple things eh :D

·
bitch
609 Posts
like it!

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
P.S. Anyone not viewing this in Chrome/Firefox/Safari etc. is missing out ;)

Internet Explorer makes it all square and boxy.

In a decent browser just look at those curves :smoke:

·
drag race addict
1,392 Posts
One thing I *really* like about the new software is if you click the reply or reply with quote button the message box comes to the post your replying to rather than dumping you at the bottom :D

Simple things eh :D
seems really good Si. :tup:

·
drag race addict
1,392 Posts
apart from i have IE,and i can't see a click link to chat. Maybe that's an IE thing too..

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm just about to try something.

Does anyone think it would be better if unread threads or ones with new posts showed the links in a different colour rather than just being in bold ?

1 - 20 of 105 Posts