Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an SIP Autoplus 150 MIG welder. For some reason altering the wire speed pot' makes no difference to the wire speed. Any ideas whats likely to be wrong?

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Something in the electrogizmoid thingmambob inside it.

Possibly... :incheek:

Got two welder repairers cards on our noticeboard at work, do you want me to get them for you tomorrow...????

·
Registered
408 Posts
another issue it could be is the wheel inside is slipping on the wire. instead of feeding it out its just spinning. if this is the case the wire will be worn down so youll need to cut the wire and re thread it through. ive had to use extra nut on the adjuster so that it makes contact.

stupid thing

·
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, no, it isn't the wire slipping, the speed of the wheels remains unchanged. I'll look into a new control circuit board, Guy, text me the numbers of the welder repairers when you get a chance.

·
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I looked on EBay under "SIP welder control board" & it didn't show anything. If you've seen something on there that will do the job can you post a link for me? Thanks.

·
Administrator
9,918 Posts

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Thanks, no, it isn't the wire slipping, the speed of the wheels remains unchanged. I'll look into a new control circuit board, Guy, text me the numbers of the welder repairers when you get a chance.
Will do Monday, just text me to remind me...!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts