Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just ordered a pair of replacement sealed beam headlights for an early Triumph 2000 as one of the low-beam elements had gone and reflectors were shabby on both.
Somebody seems to have got mixed up so I've ended up with a pair of later style lights for the grand total of £34 :D No more sealed beams, now takes modern H4 bulbs :tup:
Have fitted standard 55/60 H4 halogens for now, aware it will be a bit more load on the charging system than the originals ( 37/60w ?), but it seems to be ok so far.

Not sure what the normal prices are but these were £17 each from my local motor spares place, bulbs extra if you don't already have some.

Lights came labelled as Hadrian item number 99-01-669 (Headlamp 5 3/4 no pilot). H15481 QA / 22E0103. Quality seems fine but not up with high-end units.
Link below in case anyone is looking for a budget upgrade.
http://e.dominohosting.biz/hadrian/hcpdb01.nsf/Plookup2/99-01-669UNIVERSAL%20BODY%20PARTSHEADLAMP%20PARTS!EditDocument&Ret=UBP

Hope it helps :tup: Cheers

·
Registered
552 Posts
Thanks for that - just in time as my truck's in for MoT next week and I need new headlights to replace the American ones it currently has.
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts