Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a lot of umming & arring & giving it a lot of thought the fox has been sold after a chap from down south made me a offer too good to turn down, i'm sure i've done the right thing even though i'll shed a tear when he picks it up, but money is in the bank so no turning back now. So look out for me next season in a new car (don't know what yet will see whats out there over the winter)
do i go old ford, vauxhall, etc (would have to be non standard) or yank V8

·
Registered
769 Posts
done that already nick, its amazing how they loved ma 56 chev pick up till i opened the hood , 351 clevey motor. oh nasty loooook,s. was fun thou. might even do another one day. jonny

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh you know me so well nige
I must say a 79/80/81 2 door malibu would be nice, oh & if it ran 9s it would be lovely

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's a shame, Nick, was looking forward to seeing this out again.
Not too much of a shame dave as i got good money for it & as i did'unt need to sell was able to get the deal i wanted ( forget what it was up for 8/9 months ago when i needed the money)
you will see it again, as the new owner is going to use it next year (racing & on the street + hoping to run it in UK Drag Week as he has already entered) he has all he needs to finish it. Should also be quick as it will be running a stroked 351 with a big single turbo on it,

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As long as Nick spends the money on another car and not beer (unless I'm there to help drink it)
Sorry Nige carol has hold of the money since i said you were coming round to help me look for a car on the internet with a couple of beers

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes it's gone waved it off yesterday afternoon (had a sad moment as i watched it go out of sight)
new owner is hoping to have it finished by may next year
nothing in garage yet to replace it but have a couple of cars in mind, carn't say what yet (might be ford or might be going over to the dark side)
might need a lift to sussex on sunday nige if your not busy

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Some pics of the mustang been loaded onto it's new owners trailer, I think it was at this point I was questioning why i was selling it but too late now & i think i have found the replacement which is a!!!!!!!!!! (now that would telling watch this space)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts