Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Always sad to see them go, but needs must sometimes. I'm sure it'll all be forgotten when you pick up the Yugo...sorry, have I given it away????

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
YUGO i'm going that posh Nige
so where do you fancy going on sunday Sussex, Norfolk or Cumbria to pick the new car up

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well it looks like the replacement has been found and bar all but picking it up and paying for it the deal is done
Its old (just **** me) british and will be 302 V8 powered

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Aw, shame Nick. You missed out on a pro-street Zodiac. Rebuilt (never been run) 302, new Comp Cams camshaft, Canfield ally heads, Weiand intake, Holley etc. Brand new TCI C4 and hi-stall torque converter. 9" Ford, Gaz Sierra 4x4 struts, Cosworth hubs and calipers, Sierra 4x4 steering rack/column. And all for about a quarter of what you've paid for a shonky old Cortina with a tired 302 :incheek::incheek::incheek:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Is your car up and running Mike?
i did'unt want to by another project as i've still got my long term cortina project
who said i've bought a shonky old cortina with tied 302 (not me) lots of other things out there
might still be time to change my mind give us a ring 07976686555

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
No, it's not running yet Nick. It needs brake lines plumbing in, rewiring and prop before it can. Then it needs paint and trim :D

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Although it sounds very good Mike, I'm after something up & running that i can just tinker with over winter. The car i'm buying is ideal.
It's not a cortina keep guessing lol

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Still keeping us in suspense then Nick? But did you look up that 70s custom build I said you shoul do it in the style of:lol:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Still keeping us in suspense then Nick? But did you look up that 70s custom build I said you shoul do it in the style of:lol:
Yep looked at that 70s custom nige, not sure on colour though
All should become clear on Sunday as i'm picking car up saturday 507 mile round trip driving down early back not too late (ye right)
but then you know that as it's your car we're going in.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Looking forward to it. Rang the girls and they've got the hotel booked for when we, ahem, break down. The wives don't read this, right?:shocked:

21 - 40 of 41 Posts