Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calais Deputy Mayor Philippe Mignonet calls for UK to intervene as fights break out in camps

06 August 2014

by KentOnline reporter
[email protected]

A furious Calais immigration chief has offered to pay for ferry tickets for migrants to come to Kent - after troubles flared and dozens were injured in French camps.

He has even called for the border to be moved to Dover - so Britain can see what enormous pressure the French area faces.

The stand-off over migrant camps in Calais appears to have reached crisis point - with the port's immigration chief now offering to give migrants free travel to the UK in order to ease the pressure on France.
His comments come as more than 50 people were injured when violence broke out between rival groups from Eritrea and Sudan.

Calais' Deputy Mayor Philippe Mignonet said there were between 1,000 and 1,200 migrants in the port area, with the reputation of Calais affected as media report on clashes.

He said the migrants' wish was not to stay in France - they wanted to live in England.

He added: "The migrants want to go to England because they are told by the media when they get to England they will get facilities and, quite readily, will be able to get paperwork for their family to join them."

He claimed Britain didn't have the strict restrictions on employing foreign workers, which made the country more attractive.

·
American Truck importer
11,742 Posts
time to vote YES for me now Chris?:incheek: Like I said before, United Kindom out of EU, defend our own shores and fuck those off that we do not need nor can afford to support. Why the fuck are Sudanese even being allowed anywhere in the EU anyway? Bad enough giving free passage throughout Europe and the UK to EU people but to fuck with letting half the world in.:grr:

·
American Truck importer
11,742 Posts
Why don't they send them to Poland [SUB]because it[/SUB] must be empty by now :incheek:
must be as they all live near to me, but what they are all doing is saving money, sending it home, building houses that are way beyond what i could afford over here, then heading home again once the house is built.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
must be as they all live near to me, but what they are all doing is saving money, sending it home, building houses that are way beyond what i could afford over here, then heading home again once the house is built.
Ive been telling people this for a few years now.

The money they earn doesn't stay in our economy that's partly why we are in the shit and migrant workers ARE NOT a net contributor to our economy

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
We went over there and liberated europe from the nazi's, we should be the ones telling people what to do, not brussels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts