Rods 'n' Sods banner

1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plan was to build a teardrop but then i stumbled over a Westfalia funeral trailer build in 1958 in Germany for funeral purpose.
A bit rare and unusual to make a little caravan of this trailer but i like the shape of the little bugger.
there are loads of work but overall it is'nt in a bad state,some non-factory airco here and there and a bit of rust(or shall i say patina?)but no mayor issues,no dents or big damage,everything is still straight.
The trailer comes with a stupid spring axle wich made the stand of the wheels funny,only with a full load of corpses and skeletons the wheels come to a normal stand.
I will take the spring of and make a rigid axle and lower it,easy job to do because the wheelspindle assembly is just bolted on the spring
This build is gonna take a while because i first have to finish the '48 Anglia,so don't expect a daily update on this.
More when i did more.
René

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
dead good that is.

Sid.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
OOOerrr I would hose that one down before I slept in it, Never know whats has dripped inside, Besides that, I think that's stonking!!!!!!!

·
richard rawlplug
8,098 Posts
needs a roofrack and a coffin on top as a handy beer box.

dead cool project that..

sorry.. deadpan jokes are not my forte.

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
Looks like a nice project, certainly different. Just don't get the suspension too stiff.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys for all the deadbad jokes,i´ll take it like a brit......with a stiff upper lip.:sniff:
Yesterday i tried to remove the doors,all the bolt were seized offcourse but with an impact screwdriver i´ll managed to get 1 door out.
The second door however is still in there,with the impact i destroyed 2 boltheads,next thing is to drill them out.
Also removed the roofhatches,they are alloy and in a pretty good condition,a quick polish and they are new again.
More when i do more

1 - 20 of 225 Posts