Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I got a set of steels for my Mustang and the centre bores are too small, is it possible to get them milled out, it's not out by a massive amount but enough to stop the wheel from fitting. If this is possible can anyone do it for me?

Cheers,

Stu.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
yes its possible and yes i can do it but it would probably be cheaper to find somone local to you as it would cost more in transporting them than the job would cost.

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Trevd,

Thank you at least I have a start, knowing they can be done. What is involved with doing it? Just got to find a machine shop now, or someone who is close enough that can do it for me.

Cheers,

Stu.

·
depositionist
184 Posts
Hi All,

I got a set of steels for my Mustang and the centre bores are too small, is it possible to get them milled out, it's not out by a massive amount but enough to stop the wheel from fitting. If this is possible can anyone do it for me?

Cheers,

Stu.
theres a company in coalville, leicestershire that machined a set of revo's for me. it's kovacs & son engineering 01530 263112:tup:

·
depositionist
184 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, how much do they charge?

Cheers,

Stu.
had the back-space increased (took about 12mm off each hub face) it cost me about £70 all in.
if your only having a few thou out of the centre bore wouldn't think it would be that much?
check their website for the address etc.
kovacseng.co.uk

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
had the back-space increased (took about 12mm off each hub face) it cost me about £70 all in.
if your only having a few thou out of the centre bore wouldn't think it would be that much?
check their website for the address etc.
kovacseng.co.uk
Many thanks again, I have e-mailled them, just wait now to see what they come up with.

Cheers,

Stu.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
if they do a good job for reasonable price it might be worth putting a plug in the traders section for them. i know its hard to find people willing to do one off jobs (thats why i started doing it), so anyone willing to help in our hobby to needs to be promoted. £70 seems reasonable, once the wheel is set up doing the bore on its own or the bore and face isnt a huge difference so expect a similar price for the bores.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts