Rods 'n' Sods banner

1 - 20 of 381 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we're mostly stuck at home at the moment so what have you been doing?
summing up so far i've made some waist high planters for the wife to grow veggies in, rendered and painted a bit of wall that's needed doing in my conservatory for about 6 years and today found and put up the american graffiti photos and posters in the living room. here's some pics of the graffiti wall.
oh and stripped and cleaned a small block chevy engine for a project a mate and me are doing as and when we can.
lets see what you're all up to.
neil.

Attachments

·
Vendor
3,368 Posts
pulled all the cars out of the garage today & had a sweep up , cleaned up a pair early corvette valve covers I,ve been meaning to do for a year , installed new windlace I,ve had sitting in the bag for about 9 months on an XJ6 plenty to do .

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Working on the Mustang and '38 projects. Have done loads around the house, painted the outside of the garage(s), done loads of cleaning.
Don't usually get a lot of time off work so it's nice to string together a few days on the same project.
Spoke to the wife a bit. She seems nice.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Im rebuilding an old 2nd world war chapel that was on a local airfield during the war. My wives ancestors got it straight after the war and used it as a tractor shed on their farm until 2 years ago. it was in a bit of a state but is now on my land and an extension to my garage. lots of work that I wouldn't normally take on (woodwork isn't my thing, I'm a bricky and electrician) but ,as theres plenty of time, I'm having a go. I've spent the last 3 days puttying up and painting lots of windows.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Big tidy up at The Ranch. Cleared out Sheds 1,2,3 and 4. Only another 12 to go. When I say 'cleared out' that pretty much translates as 'taking stuff out of Shed 1 and putting it in Shed 2, then taking stuff out of Shed 2 and putting it in....' you can guess the rest. But, when the scrapyards open again I have got a bit I can weigh in, may make enough to treat myself to a toilet roll or two.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I'm having trouble trying to keep myself occupied while not spending any money.
Painted the conservatory
Tidied the shed and sorted all my tools (Spent a whol afternoon sorting and sharpening drill bits)
I've rescued my small boat trailer from the corner of the yard and stripped down the bearings. As it doesn't get used much on the road and ends up in the sea quite a bit I will just clean and great the old bearings instead of splashing out twenty quid on new ones (it's that sort of trailer)
The Zodiac is looking a bit sorry so I will be making a start on that. Last time it was MOT'd it had an advisory that the outriggers are getting a bit thin so I have had some new ones folded up. I was going to get the bloke that looks after my wife's car to weld them for me but I recon that I will have a go myself......

·
Registered
239 Posts
Got a ton of work done since lockdown started. Luckily I saw it coming and bought in bulk stuff for the garage, running low on bog roll though.
Layer up a few moulds and panels for my mid engined modified roadster, and got it fired up. The last few days have been spent getting the long term project in paint. When I say long term I've owned it 30 years and it's been a part time winter project the last 15ish years.

·
Stroker
5,442 Posts
Out of isolation as it were so gonna pop to lock up / private yard and fix little generator that went pop.

Need to cobble up compact bonnet stand!? For when i remove bonnet when not at garage.
Not keen on laying it on roof.

Pull 9 incher and finally, finally fit a bastard vent as sick of it blowing seals after a good run out.

That'll keep me busy a while :D

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Some great stuff going on here!

I'm still working - albeit at home. Nothing has changed except I'm now buying the coffee I drink through the day.. :sniff:

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,022 Posts
Got a ton of work done since lockdown started. Luckily I saw it coming and bought in bulk stuff for the garage, running low on bog roll though.
Layer up a few moulds and panels for my mid engined modified roadster, and got it fired up. The last few days have been spent getting the long term project in paint. When I say long term I've owned it 30 years and it's been a part time winter project the last 15ish years.

Vespa Gerry ??

·
Registered
85 Posts
I recognise the "salmon pink" car but cant remember the make/model, and that paint looks so wet. 'cos the car is so small, did you end up using the 2nd bottle of nail varnish (LOL).:tup:

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
painted the hall / stairs & landing got some new down lights to put in
then try and get my astro out to clean..
when i say try we have got scaffolding blocking a fair bit of the garage door..

1 - 20 of 381 Posts