Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

What cruising speed do you choose??

2K views 20 replies 20 participants last post by  joncaddy 
#1 ·
My 48 Chevy 3100 with sbc350 and turbo 350trans is happiest sat at proud the 70-80 mph mark, yeah it is a combination of how it feels ride etc but the engine etc all sing along nicely at those speeds, mpg is around the 16-20 mpg too so pretty happy! I tried sitting at different speed on the journey back from wheels day and that's deff where it's happiest! What speeds do you run at??

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#8 ·
75/85 Depending on where and who's with me... friends stock humber we do about 60 others are happier thrashing as fast as we can....

opps ... should say legal speed limit!

The T is comfortable around 70 ish only doing 2100 rpm at that. get around 18-20 on a run. especially if I can keep it off the second carb!!

#9 ·
Starting out on a 400+ mile run to a southern gig i start for the first 100 at 60/65 as im listening for all the wee noises, the next 200 is usually at 70/75 as i now dont hear anything and i really want to get to the show, the last 100 i could care less about anything and im in the zone so it varys from 75 and up dependant on the traffic and who i am cruising with. On the way home its usually a steady 70 until i get past preston and the roads open up and the traffic disappears. Oh forgot to mention this is with the trailer on, feck knows what it would be like without. For any coppers watching my speedo's not reading correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.