Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having a think about putting drums up front on the pop instead of my original idea of disc's
ive got the 105e hubs already... is there a simple swap to use drums upfront?

·
Registered
634 Posts
I think it's just a case of bearing juggling and a spacer (I think) isn't Kev Rooney doing something similar on here?
Robin.

·
Grown up? Never!
2,171 Posts
I think it's just a case of bearing juggling and a spacer (I think) isn't Kev Rooney doing something similar on here?
Robin.
What he said, that's what's on mine, no idea what sizes etc, but that's how it's done.
Not much help, but your on the right path.

Chaley

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,264 Posts
I wouldn't stick drums on personally Ian , forget about fashion and think about actually stopping ! The 105E stuff is pretty small and marginal with 40bhp pushing it along.

Anyway , as others have said it's basically bearing juggling and a spacer for the rear to stop grease leaking out and to make sure you don't run out of thread on the spindle to set up the pre load.

If I were to go drums I'd look at minimum of fitting the 1200 version but prerably look at something like Mk2 ZZC front drums with larger diameter and shoe area.

I've run drums several times with 80 and 120 odd bhp . Fade is the biggest problem , especially if you like spirited driving. ;)

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kev would the zodiac drums bolt straight on? has anyone looked/fitted them before?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts