Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay way back, longer than i care to remember, My Brother Bob built Mighty Mouse The Rover V8 powered Fiat 500. I know after he sold it, several owners did their best to make a mess of it, and it came up on Ebay at least twice, Just wondered if anyone knew where it was now and was state it was in.

·
Historian
1,564 Posts
Hay way back, longer than i care to remember, My Brother Bob built Mighty Mouse The Rover V8 powered Fiat 500. I know after he sold it, several owners did their best to make a mess of it, and it came up on Ebay at least twice, Just wondered if anyone knew where it was now and was state it was in.
here it is in '86...

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
i`m sure it was once owned by pete in the smoke city wheelers.when he own it it was supercharged. i`m pretty sure the last time i saw it was in the late 90`s and it was a torquoise/peppermint green colour

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was how it looked when Bob built it, do you know where that was taken Nick? I know a few years latter the new owner had cut a hole in the bonnet to fit a blower but not got it running, then it got flamed to cover up some damage, the for what ever reason, some div cut out the floor so that stayed down and the rest of the body went up.
If i remember there was just four bolts where the body bolted down on to the Viva IFS and a Uj to undo and you could flip the body. It did turn up on Ebay in a garage in Bexhill in bits, the same town it was "Born" in. Then it came up on ebay again miles away in a sad state.

·
Historian
1,564 Posts
I took that pic at Hickstead lazy Sunday Graham...

I used to pop round your place in the early 80s when I lived in Bexhill, you'll probably recognize this...

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you trying to embarrass me? I didn't know any pictures of that survived! And yep i do of course remember you. Think the last time i saw you, you had was it the consul or the PA?

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
Seen pic before but that Thames is well tough-what motor was in it and was it mid mounted?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The thames started out as a camper, back then you could find a Thames cab to cut up. As you can see ran a Jag IRS and a Rover V8 and auto, the only thing to run back then!
It ended up getting scraped, and the IRS was narrowed by Hot Rod Enterprises and was the very one under Mighty mouse!

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh and if you look at the side view, behind the front wheels you can see the down pipes. My Brother Bob use to run a Thames Camper with a Rover in it. That Pick up, when i did the v8 job it was a camper, It came off the road on Friday evening and was driving with the V8 on sunday!

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:cool: truck:tup:^^^^
Ive posted this before-from Hot Car...

Hay the pics of my pick-up are 30 years old! Maybe Hot car was a head of its time, that trucks almost pro street, we were just still in to the jack up craze. Think mine would have looked better 6" closer to the ground all round!

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
I do remember it/one ? At essex with a blower & i think it was green, it looked barmy!!, cant find a front pic though !!, may have been another year?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It did look a bit Crazy, but certainly on short trips it could be just like driving a normal car..unless you hit the pedal. Only Problem Bob had was keeping it running cool, on hot days it was a struggle !!!

I do remember it/one ? At essex with a blower & i think it was green, it looked barmy!!, cant find a front pic though !!, may have been another year?

·
Registered
555 Posts
YEP!
In Blackpool with a fresh smallblock, same wheels etc!

I'll see if I can persuede the owner to put some pics up.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts