Rods 'n' Sods banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Custom Car, Roarin Rat, Chelsea Cruise (in the 70s) and living down the road from Brian Godber as a kid

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Street Machine. I used to go to Hickstead and Bromley Pageant with my Dad. I can remember being very small and going to Hellingly's Festival Of Transport and it was very, very muddy. My Dad had cars and my Stepdad has coaches. Guess it was in my blood.

I took my then friend to a show with me one day (In my Austin 1100)! He is now my Husband of 19 years and our life is revolving around our garage.

Hopefully one day our Daughter will learn to drive and get a classic.

We only really get Custom Car now. Mostly we do Rods n Sods - Our favourite online magazine :tup:

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Street Machine Sept 1992 aged 13, with 5 Anglia's on the cover. Loved the mag, the cars seemed acheiveable, loved Small Talk and the style it was written in. Never really got on with CC, seemed a bit like a club magazine for the mates of the writers, too many in jokes etc.Not sure when I stopped buying mags but it was probably around the time SM went. Ironic how a magazine can shape so much of your life having sparked something in your youth ? the biggest thing I miss now though is the posters ? I had posters all over my bedroom walls of all my favourite cars out of all the mags I'd buy.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
funny enough it was a street machine mag what started me on the project im doing now but it took 35 years the imagies in that mag have stuck with me all that time from when i was ten years old i promised myself a car like in the mag and 35 years later hear i am doing it those mag made a lasting impression on me thanks street machine

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Working as a paper boy I spotted a copy of Hot Car (August?) '78 in the newsagent I worked for, bought it took it home, parents despaired. Just happened to have a picture of Atlantis Cruiser, Triumph GT6, I'd just seen it covered in cement dust and building shite a few doors from where I lived outside Swindon Town Football Club's County Ground . Anyone remember it? Also, for many years had a centrespread of Martin Bonner's '55 on my bedroom wall and later on my garage (when I'd grown up!) 'til it blew away in a storm...sigh...

·
Registered
631 Posts
Custom Car for me nearly 20 years ago now a least
Great mag

41 - 49 of 49 Posts