Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Muffin tester.
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this hanging around for ages, I have no time to do it up now but I probably will in future. I quite like the idea of a resto-mod sort of deal, nice modern efi V8, modern trans, wider back wheels/tyres and a decent paint job., re-do the chrome and that sort of thing.

Its funky and unusual enough to interest me but do I keep it and wait until I might have time or sell it ? My old man and I have loads of cars that are interesting and I would love to do them all. I am not keen on selling cars really but I think I need to be realistic.

So, anyone fancy telling me what they would do to it ?

2014-05-14 13.47.13.jpg

2014-05-14 13.47.25.jpg

·
Muffin tester.
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think Its got to have steel wheels, wiiiiiide steelies, in white or cream. Two tone paint ? burgundy/ cream ?, black roof still ?

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,369 Posts
Refurbish the running gear, drop it as low as possible and run some 17" Torque Thrust 2's and low profiles, leave the rest as-is.

·
is currently reloading.
844 Posts
A-series 1275 and FWD conversion.

dare to be different...

·
Muffin tester.
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You just want pics of the 30s Hudson.......

Seriously though, I have only just started taking pics of them all, this one was pulled out of the warehouse last week so I snapped it with my phone. I am going to have to do a whole "found languishing in Crowlas" thread. That means I will come by your labyrinth armed with a camera...

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
You just want pics of the 30s Hudson.......

Seriously though, I have only just started taking pics of them all, this one was pulled out of the warehouse last week so I snapped it with my phone. I am going to have to do a whole "found languishing in Crowlas" thread. That means I will come by your labyrinth armed with a camera...
ive got loads of photos of the hudson and the buick and some of your jigsawcamaro a load of the old trucks recently,dont think you will see much in my yard anymore but i have got a few from years ago when the yard was crammed,somewhere here they are,one day lol

·
Muffin tester.
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you get the old Rover P5 and the Austin A35 the other day ? they are still out and loaded on the truck.

The reason for the big clear out is we needed to make space for the monster guillotine (no not the French sort) its all wired up now and Tom was the first to use it yesterday, max capacity 6ft by a half inch. its a beast. (ex Keith's place)

·
Muffin tester.
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I have just bought a good second hand hood ornament from ebay to replace the one that got ruined when some little scroat tried to nick the one on it now.

·
Full Bloody Rebel!
3,426 Posts
Must admit, I'd get the running gear up to scratch and chassis and mounts to get yer ticket and leave the rest!! Looks perfect to me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts