Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not really hot rod related but thought someone might know. Just bought a used Nissan X Trail for our daily car. Lots of buttons and bells to get use to.
We have read through the official manuals that came with it but at a loss to what these are.
There is one on each side attached to the top of the inside A post...........so what are they, seem a bit 'after market' to me ( I get the feeling that I'm gonna feel stupid ) ?

·
Heavy Oiler
2,504 Posts
If there's two, then I would say motion detectors for alarm. (you have an aftermarket alarm?)

EDIT: Jez beat me to it.

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we cant find any blue tooth, the stereo doesnt even have a socket for MP3....I should add that this is an older X-Trail model.

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,444 Posts
Pre-Bluetooth all of my hands free sets were made by "Parrot" and were wired wwith a "radio delete" system. This plugged into the radio behind the dashboard (somehow) and muted the radio if the phone rang/you made a call. It had an aftermarket microphone (usually mounted near the rear view mirror) and the sound came over the radio speakers.

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys, sensors it will be then. What a crap looking factory fitting, sure they could have got them in behind the 'A' post, would look a lot neater.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts