Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres one for you,my niece whos 4 asked me "What car is Lightning Mcqueen and I didnt know
Mathers a 56 chevy truck I think,Docs a Hudson etc but can you guys name the rest?????????
PS what type is Lightning???

·
Enthusiastic Amateur
754 Posts
I think he is based on a corvette, If you look through Foose is in the credits. Some of the others speak for themselves. Luigi being a Fiat 500 etc, Fillmore the VW Bus. As for the race cars I am not sure obviously Mario Andretti and Michael Schumacher do voice overs. Our own Jeremy Calrkson does the voice over for Lightening's Agent. I am not as sad as it first seems. My 3 year old watches it constantly.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The 'King' is a Plymouth Roadrunner,Doc Hudson is a Hudson Hornet,Sally is a Porsche & Mack is a Mack:lol:

·
Registered
105 Posts
My twin boys Brodie and Boyd aged three and three quarters think he is just the coolest car ever. They listen to the CD in the car, watch the DVD any time they can get away with it, eat from LMcQ plates, drink from LMcQ cups, wear LMcQ clothes and the merchandise is every where in the house. Trying to push Toy Story but they are having none of it.

To answer your question I havent got a clue but I think it looks a touch like a Ginnetta (spelling?).

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Ramone is a 59 Chevy Impala, I think Flo is a Buick of some decription not sure please don't quote me on that. All the little flies are Beetles, the mountains are Car bonnets and the landscape are Cadillac rear ends 59/60's. Lizzy is a Model T, Sarge is a Willy's jeep. Sheriff is a Mercury.

I'm sure some of these are wrong, but it should start pushing people in the right direction.

Cheers,

Stu.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
mia and tia are mx5s (miatas, geddit?), schumacher is an f430 ferrari, schwarzenneger is a hummer, boost is a skyline (i think), sherrif is a mercury and flo is a late 50's motorama concept car, (numberplate is "sho girl")apparently, an exhibition passed through radiator springs and flo fell in love with ramone and stayed behind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts