Rods 'n' Sods banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at bits i have or might be able to use up on something, so have a moggy rear axle 4 inch pcd 4 stud... thats the easy bit, i found i have one 17 inch and one 16 inch older wheel that fits on it, both wheels are easiclean or sometimes called artillery wheels they are thin for 4.50-5.00 cross ply tyres, i only have one of each, no idea where i got then from anyone any idea what they may be off of?? must be 1940's at a guess most from then seem to be 3 or 6 stud....

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the 4 stud wheels i'd like to find out what they are from, 6 stud are morris 8 and as you say 3 stud are austin 7 etc.... austin 8 are 4 stud but 4.5 inch pcd...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Not an expert, but I had the same issue a while ago looking for wheels to fit my reliant rear axle (4x4")

I also have a Morris 8 axle which is six stud
A lot of smaller Austins seem to be three stud.

If the PCD is 4 stud by 4" Then I'd say Austin 10 ( Lichfield??).

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so what wheels did you end up using if 4 inch pcd?? lichfield austin 10 wheels are 3 stud , this is proving harder than i first thought to find some wheels...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Bought individual wheels off eBay (3 advertised as Austin 10). 1 advertised as make unknown.

I’ve definitely seen some Austin’s with 3 stud and some with 4 stud.

Ignore the Lichfield part if you’re sure they’re 3 stud.

Might be interested in the 17” wheel if you decide to sell it :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
easiclean wheels are late 30's and 40's so maybe a later austin 10 ? i have a lichfield front axle and a guy has some wheels on ebay, so i'm sure its 3 stud, the 16 inch wheel i have has a bar across the outside centre part with a screw in it to attach a hubcap, the 17 inch just has like raised rivets to push a hubcap on to,

·
Registered
806 Posts
Good opportunity to see if its easier to post pics with upgraded site. (pity half the page is adverts)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts