Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be putting my 454 up for sale later this month or next month depending on when I get the heads bolted down with new gaskets (cut it short I'm buying the detroit engine now rather than baby stepping it :D)

So just wondering what I should be putting it up for sale at with the following

Honed block at standard bore

Hastings Piston rings

Crank ground 10 thou with new Clevite rod and mains

Felpro Gasket kit all on the bottom end for sump and crank seals

Felpro top end gaskets for head and water pump

Felpro head gaskets

Mr Gasket gaskets for inlet and exhaust manifolds

Brand new Edelbrock Performer 2.0 inlet manifold

Rebuilt Holley Double Pumper 650

Brand new flex plate

New ish (used to fire up my 350 then stored) 3hp high torque mini starter

New Champion plugs

ARP head bolts

Fully ported cylinder heads

New Comp Cam HD push rods

Brand new GM genuine HYD lifters

Brand new GM genuine rocker arms

Brand new single springs with dampers

High volume water pump

Brand new Sealed Power towing cam

Brand new Cloyes double roller timing gears and chain

Brand new Mr Gasket high tensile rod bolts

Brand new Flex plate

Holley Blue top pump with pressure regulator

Fuel lines

Cast aluminium valve covers in matte black with brushed bow tie and fins

Everything has been torqued up to the specs either on the packets or as per the Chevy book

Basically I want to put it up for a fair price so it actually sells without selling it for under whats its worth

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
I've got no issue hooking it up to a radiator and running it in for 30 mins if that's what you mean? It's been rebuilt with high grade bits so should function perfectly
Sorry but that's not necessarily how it works. I'm not trying to detract from anyones skill or knowledge but I'v had 3 pontiac engines built with the best parts and by professional builders and they've all gone tits up within the first hour or so.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
its an unknown quantity, no matter what you say has been done to it whoever buys it will want it checked over. it doesnt matter what you or i think its worth, its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. saying that though you must have an idea in your head what you want for it, if no one bites at that figure you know your asking too much so reduce the cost until someone bites or put it on ebay and see what it gets bid up to.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know what it owes put it that way and so far all I've done is put the new rings, bearings and rear seal in before torquing to spec. I have pics of all the new parts going on as well as the boxes

Everything has been assembled using Clevite Moly

Basically I'd be happy with what it owes me in parts, not interested in making a profit but would rather sell piece by piece if its worth more that way

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I would always prefer to either buy one not rebuilt or get a dyno sheet. As others have said anything else is a kit of parts to a new owner. If the parts are still packaged then either sell it piece by piece or as a kit with a price equal to the parts cost minus some discount as nothing has a warranty from you whereas it would have if purchased from the original supplier

Just my 2peneth worth

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmm may well be worth selling as a short block then the heads by themselves in that case, HEI dizzy, carb, manifold etc

I'll pop it up at parts price then

The block I'm more than happy to turn over for anyone collecting and let them take a main cap off to inspect the new shells, everything has been done by the book as stated

1 - 15 of 15 Posts