Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if this has been asked tell me if not please no slating the nsra as that is not my intention.

let me start by saying i aint a rodder per sey but i like a modded motor i am primariley a drag racer aways will be.

my q is this with the semi withdrawall from the nsra site and membership (i aint a member) will the club be able and willing to survive and to keep financing the shows and race meets etc, i personally dont go to the shows as they bore me to death but i do attend the nostalgia nats and the hotrod drags every year and would realy like to keep attending these meets so if the club suffers financialy would they pull the racing or the shows etc or could another organisation take over. or am i worrying unnesecarily .
like i say no slating the nsra please

ps i left school early and cant spell or punctuate

·
Registered
73 Posts
Don't panic, the NSRA aren't financially responsible for the two drag events.
BUT I have heard the owners of Shakey have been in talks with a large supermarket chain re the land............... just don't tell anyone.

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,455 Posts
BUT I have heard the owners of Shakey have been in talks with a large supermarket chain re the land............... just don't tell anyone.
Well there arent many houses round there, so maybe its just a nice outlet store for the petrol heads.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
As Russ has said, the drags are fronted by the NSRA but funded by Shakespeare County Raceway. What I can say is that the whole airfield site is now in the throes of being marketed as a sports and leisure venue, with the blessing and assistance of the local council.
A facility for tractor pulling events is well under way, as is a programme of refurbishment for the whole facility, including the raceway. I have been promised pictures, which I will post on a variety of forums, that detail the work that has been undertaken. As far as the raceway is concerned, the toilet and shower block has been refurbished, the medical centre has been improved and the clubhouse is currently having a new roof and floor installed. Trackside, teams have spent the last few weekends since the weather improved dealing with the armco and startline area.
As for the original question regarding NSRA finances, the website is not the club, the members are. Membership is up and there is no reason to assume that the club will not be able to continue with any events. Just look at last weekend's swap meet.

·
Care in the Community
2,763 Posts
Scaremongering your own events? How does that work then. :shake:

40Stude, Stevie.t and a couple of others not on here are responsible for the Nostalgias and the HRDs, the nsra just help to promote the events. If the nsra folded these events would still go ahead, as long as the attendance figures justified it.

Support the Nostalgias and the HRDs, they're the best two drag events of the year. :tup:

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
the N.S.R.A. is a lot bigger than just the people who frequent there forum, because some have gone elsewhere, does'nt mean events will stop or decline, those people will still want events to go to and as the N.S.R.A. will still put on the premier events so thats where people will go.........

·
Registered
616 Posts
Nice to hear a bit of money being spent at the track Al, I know it's in short supply.
Up to us punters to look after it now then.

ps what was the tyres in the trenches all about last year? Never figured that one out. :S

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
As Russ has said, the drags are fronted by the NSRA but funded by Shakespeare County Raceway. What I can say is that the whole airfield site is now in the throes of being marketed as a sports and leisure venue, with the blessing and assistance of the local council.
A facility for tractor pulling events is well under way, as is a programme of refurbishment for the whole facility, including the raceway. I have been promised pictures, which I will post on a variety of forums, that detail the work that has been undertaken. As far as the raceway is concerned, the toilet and shower block has been refurbished, the medical centre has been improved and the clubhouse is currently having a new roof and floor installed. Trackside, teams have spent the last few weekends since the weather improved dealing with the armco and startline area.
As for the original question regarding NSRA finances, the website is not the club, the members are. Membership is up and there is no reason to assume that the club will not be able to continue with any events. Just look at last weekend's swap meet.
OMG......Alan, not the Clubhouse floor! We have been wetting that for years in readiness for our ashes, we wouldn't want them to blow in somebody's beer!
The Armco as well, we always enjoyed looking at my dent!

What is the world coming to!

Rog.

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
i cant believe they are doing the bogs up ffs!!.........
there will be nowt to moan about the way their carrying on...:shake:

seriously I'm very happy the tracks getting these improvements as it will or at least should guarantee the facilities survival?.

see you at the drags........................:tup:

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Work going on at both the Pod and Shakey, don't think people realise just how much is done in the off season to make more improvements and only 3 n a bit weeks until the Thunderball.:tup: Can't wait to get back to the racing.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Support the Nostalgias and the HRDs, they're the best two drag events of the year. :tup:[/QUOTE]

Every drag race event is the best one of the year, until the next one :incheek:

·
richard rawlplug
8,161 Posts
Support the Nostalgias and the HRDs, they're the best two drag events of the year. :tup:
Every drag race event is the best one of the year, until the next one :incheek:[/QUOTE]

amen.....:tup:...may even get my car out this year...:eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.