Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
looks like the car in front slammed on his brakes for a dodgy whiplash claim to me going on how the roof has been cut off!!! poor old car behind had no chance of stopping with drums all round and no servo :lol:

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
That's Chelsfield lane, near me too. I had to divert off to get home. I only drove past quick and I couldn't figure out what had happened, couldn't see any damage on the old car and the cop car had no roof.

·
Stroker
5,470 Posts
Looks like a flash mob from Leepu of Chop Shop fame!?

:D

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
So even the Police aren't above making a fake compo claim for a small "crash". The bumper on the cop car isn't even scratched.

·
MarkT
1,117 Posts
Looks like the Police are doing a Hotrod type build off and there in front with the roof chop part way through ........The owners of the Hotrod (used lightly) are busy getting there turnups sorted before they start ......:D

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts
Apparently the police car that was hit was stationary.. well that was a bloody stupid place to park wasn't it?
That's what I was thinking. It also seems like a very strange accident. There seems to be little damage to either car but the police car needed to have it's roof cut off.

:beuj:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
The reason they cut the roof off is for extraction of the occupant. The car is considered sacrificial if spinal injuries are feared.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Was chatting a couple of weeks ago, with other recovery guys, and got talking about how the fire brigade seem to have got into the habit of cutting roofs off around our area. This has increased a lot in the last couple of years. To the point that the Police around here will not let you sit in their cars , after an accident (unless arrested of course), for fear that the roof choppers cut their roof off, once you have got your thoughts together, and claim whiplash, bad back, etc., as this has happened more then a few times !!

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
The reason they cut the roof off is for extraction of the occupant. The car is considered sacrificial IF A COMPO CLAIM IS IN THE OFFING
There, fixed that for you! :tup:

Was chatting a couple of weeks ago, with other recovery guys, and got talking about how the fire brigade seem to have got into the habit of cutting roofs off around our area. This has increased a lot in the last couple of years. To the point that the Police around here will not let you sit in their cars , after an accident (unless arrested of course), for fear that the roof choppers cut their roof off, once you have got your thoughts together, and claim whiplash, bad back, etc., as this has happened more then a few times !!
I had this discussion with my wife a while ago and said no matter how a person looks after an accident do not let them sit in the car to "recover". They can sit on the road as far as I care.

·
Fruit & Nut Case
2,100 Posts
Theres plenty of cases where the roofs have been cut off 16-20K police cars because a possibly injured person has sat in one & the paramedics wont let them get out by themselves.

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
There seems to be a craze now where people driving past accidents feel the need to use their smartphones to take pictures so they can put them on Faceache/Twitter etc, while attending a recent accident the Northamptonshire Police noticed that a lot of drivers were taking photos as they drove past so the Police got their camera out and took photos of the offenders and are now seeking prosecutions against those people.

BBC News - Northamptonshire Police photograph car crash snappers

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts
The reason they cut the roof off is for extraction of the occupant. The car is considered sacrificial if spinal injuries are feared.
I see, thank you, although I suspect stu's post may be slightly more accurate.

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
There seems to be a craze now where people driving past accidents feel the need to use their smartphones to take pictures so they can put them on Faceache/Twitter etc, while attending a recent accident the Northamptonshire Police noticed that a lot of drivers were taking photos as they drove past so the Police got their camera out and took photos of the offenders and are now seeking prosecutions against those people.

BBC News - Northamptonshire Police photograph car crash snappers
Thats great news.i recon mobile phones must be the biggest cause off accidents these days.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts