Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,829 Posts
drag racing tradition to have left hand drive so there is more weight on the left because of the direction of rotation !!!!!!!!!!!! you should know that one rich !!!!!!!!!! get to the back of the class :whack::slap:
I won't argue with that theory, though I doubt the weight of even the most lardy arsed big driver would make much compensation for the torque reaction of a hi-po motor, I guess, as the advert goes, 'every little helps'.

Best reason I can think of for lhd in small Brit cars is starter motor location resulting in stupidly small footwell space for the average male shoe size. Been there got the t shirt.

·
Premium Member
5,829 Posts
It's not just your thread, my Pop build & my BIVA build have no photos so far either.
The photos are all still in our photo uploads files so they are not lost or missing, so I believe that it's just the indexing of the site is not yet up to date.
I sure hope so Mark. I'm trying really hard to see the positives to the site changes but struggling so far. The loss of images on so many threads is worrying, not just for those of us that have been here from day one but, probably more importantly, for newcomers who may not be able to access the wealth of information that those images contain.

I really hope it gets sorted.

·
Premium Member
5,829 Posts
Looks to be a split bench? Enough room to chuck all sorts of 'stuff' behind to get to events.
I speak from experience. My Stude has a split bench but with the extra space behind the front seat, there are two fold out 'jump' seats as standard. It was originally sold in 1940 as a businessman's coupe, with room for two kids at the weekend! We've often had a couple of 'big kids' hitch a ride, usually well after last orders at the bar. :)
That looks a well built car, Unusual choice seating with a bench,Look forward to this chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts