Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

201 - 220 of 1752 Posts

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Hi Chris
Can you replace a factory seat bolster trim? It's on my wife's RR Sport and the leather is cracked where she gets in & out. I want to use the factory trim so that it is a perfect match.
Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Nice one. I'll be back in the UK for a week in January. I'll pm you a bit nearer the time.

Mike

·
stitchmeister
twin turbo LS 59 chevy apache
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
doesnt come with doors or windows so had to make some lightweight ones with hooding material and put ther company logo on it

·
stitchmeister
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
that piece in the picture i sent was the center section from that bike seat !!!!!!!!!!! its just that taking a close up pic highlights the silver flake and over powers the white :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Chris,

can you get a gold flake material and what is it. Just starting to formulate a colour scheme....... BLING !!!!!! Also, have you been to Wayne's this week, any progress?

·
stitchmeister
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
customer is going to have door panel center panels done in the same and he is going to buy some matching waterproof camouflage seat covers

·
stitchmeister
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 ·
Chris,

can you get a gold flake material and what is it. Just starting to formulate a colour scheme....... BLING !!!!!! Also, have you been to Wayne's this week, any progress?
yes .................. same flake as in mental breakdown !!!!!!!!!! i have been down but not since body has been on

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,079 Posts
Pissed me off when I had my hood done on my Zephyr 2 convertible that they never derusted and repainted the frame. I would have thought it was part of a GOOD job?

·
stitchmeister
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·
to be honest you are correct ............... but i give a price for the job intail ( ie replace outer hood ) and then there are optional extras such as welding , sand plasting ,painting or powder coating .
i have given quotes over the phone before for the same sort of thing and when it turns up the hood frame is rusted itself solid and broken in places and then the customer expexts to get all that done within the price !!!!!!!!!!!!!
i will always advise on doing the extras but like you say ..there are companys out there that just dont give a toss , its just another job to them

·
stitchmeister
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·

·
stitchmeister
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
just done a mv agusta seat in grey alcantara with red stitch and logo for a bike in at devils ride paint shop

201 - 220 of 1752 Posts